• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the HR departments are where that :poop: started in a lot of corporations. I doubt my company cares about their ESG score. It is privately owned and carries no debt. They still push some woke :poop: though. It generally comes out of HR.
    I think it depends a lot on how socially at risk their business is. Are they subject to loss if politically incorrect information comes out about the company? Do their business partners or suppliers support ESG? Because your score affects their score. There are many companies who just don’t give a flying ****. And the companies they do business with don’t give a ****. And I think that’s the way to beat it. Companies run by sane people with balls (figuratively) should thumb their noses and establish networks of sanity throughout the markets, so businesses don’t have to worry about risks from ESG enforcement.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Up in WI visiting. Stopped and visited my cousin who is a cashier at a chain grocery store. Memorial Day weekend the time a lot of people get their boats out for the first time in the year. Lots of graduation parties also going on. She has sold a lot of beer and other liquor this weekend with only one case of bud light and that was to someone from Illinois.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Up in WI visiting. Stopped and visited my cousin who is a cashier at a chain grocery store. Memorial Day weekend the time a lot of people get their boats out for the first time in the year. Lots of graduation parties also going on. She has sold a lot of beer and other liquor this weekend with only one case of bud light and that was to someone from Illinois.
    I mean if they’re giving it away, that’s cheaper and probably more fun than paper targets.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    This may be the typical current supporter, it/he/she/zhe/they entitlement. Saw this this evening, driver was wearing a bud light hat & left the rap playing loudly when it/he/she/zhe/they went in to get food.

2023-05-30 18.16.56.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I mean, I didn't read every post in 7 pages, and I'm sure it's probably been said, but maybe the reason this boycott is working so well is that product in question is just not that good.:coffee:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Most people don't care about pride month in general. It's when they starting going after kids that people start reacting en masse
    You’re probably right. A frog doesn’t care if the water’s getting warm until he does.

Our side is generally pretty apathetic as long as we can go home at the end of the day, watch the ball game in our 65” high def tvs and occasionally “own the libs” on Fox News.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stock still dropping
    And they’re still promoting woke. I don’t think the boycotts matter other than promoting businesses that haven’t yet become too openly woke. I’d really like to be wrong about that. I think the people talking about parallel economies are correct.

The sane people need to promote and create markets where sane businesses can operate without fear, and sane consumers can be confident they’re not supporting insane people and stakeholder capitalism. All the way through the markets there needs to be woke-free businesses that operate on delivering value, are meritocratic, and don’t hate you.

I think Bud Light either becomes the beer of queer or just ends as a brand. Either way they’re not abandoning ESG. Because it is only a brand and not a company, and this is not going to bankrupt the parent company. Once invested in the ESG apparatus, I don’t see them stopping. Social scores matter more than financial. Worst case for them, they discontinue Bud Light and the resources that make it will then make the next woke brand.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    And they’re still promoting woke. I don’t think the boycotts matter other than promoting businesses that haven’t yet become too openly woke. I’d really like to be wrong about that. I think the people talking about parallel economies are correct.

The sane people need to promote and create markets where sane businesses can operate without fear, and sane consumers can be confident they’re not supporting insane people and stakeholder capitalism. All the way through the markets there needs to be woke-free businesses that operate on delivering value, are meritocratic, and don’t hate you.

I think Bud Light either becomes the beer of queer or just ends as a brand. Either way they’re not abandoning ESG. Because it is only a brand and not a company, and this is not going to bankrupt the parent company. Once invested in the ESG apparatus, I don’t see them stopping. Social scores matter more than financial. Worst case for them, they discontinue Bud Light and the resources that make it will then make the next woke brand.
    I used to think of Bud Lite as "near beer", now I guess it's QUEER BEER?

Top Bottom