• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Noticed this in the article, "a lack of logic and consistency, which has created a climate in the firearm industry wherein it is nearly impossible for the reasonable man to be able to operate in good faith within the law." Huh, go figure.

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    It would definitely be nice if that would be the case. Like the article said. Would include the Ruger 22/45 series of pistols. Also wonder what it would do for The Sig P320 and the P365 when the serialized part is the FCU?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Things like this may very well open a HUGE nasty can of worms when it comes to what We The People can do when it comes to buying parts/pieces.

Generally I'm in favor of stamping out ambiguity when we can. But the potential exists that buying parts and marrying them together would then be "manufacturing". And that, in and of itself isn't a huge deal since we (generally) can manufacture our own stuff - but resale / trading of said items can be made a hell of a lot more difficult and a lot more illegal.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This ain’t good for gun owners, Congress is going to get back involved with firearms, this time defining what constitutes a firearm! From the rear thingy that goes up, to the bayonet launcher, etc. it won’t end well. I see AR’s becoming two different registered parts both requiring 4473’s.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Like several others, I don’t see any good coming from this. The laws were written by people that have very little knowledge of what they are trying to regulate. The ATF tries to interpret the word salad that they were delivered. Sometimes it works in “our” benefit, sometimes not. If Congress is tasked with trying to straighten this out, nothing good will come from it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Put my name on team "this isn't gonna work out in our favor"

I'm honestly surprised bump stocks held out as long as they did and they're still ok with braces somehow

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Dupe

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ower-not-firearm-after-all-4.html#post8055760

Oh, and do you want to fill out a 4473 for the upper receiver? 'Cause this is how you end up filling out a 4473 for an upper receiver.

(3) The term “firearm” means (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

It is no more difficult to "convert" an upper receiver "to expel a projectile by action of an explosion" than it is a lower receiver.

Last edited:

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Put my name on team "this isn't gonna work out in our favor"

I'm honestly surprised bump stocks held out as long as they did and they're still ok with braces somehow

Every time I bring one of my guns to the range with a "brace" I always get that feeling like someone wants to run and tell the ATF LOL I know its legal and I'm following the rules but I agree with you, I thought these would be taken off of the shelves by now.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Every time I bring one of my guns to the range with a "brace" I always get that feeling like someone wants to run and tell the ATF LOL I know its legal and I'm following the rules but I agree with you, I thought these would be taken off of the shelves by now.

I always use the brace as intended for a shot or two just to throw the dogs off the scent lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom