• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I've got the main. It's 3 inch that goes into a soft corrugated section. Will uncover the mesh point and pull the corrugated section off and look both ways.

I ran into alot of in organic rock up to 120 feet from the house.
    Inorganic rock?
    In the pipe?

Is the main clay tile? If so that corrugated section is probably a repair of a broken clay. Or someone has previously done what you are doing…

Corrugated tile can really slow down the flow of thicker “liquids”, but grey water should be fine.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Inorganic rock?
    In the pipe?

Is the main clay tile? If so that corrugated section is probably a repair of a broken clay. Or someone has previously done what you are doing…

Corrugated tile can really slow down the flow of thicker “liquids”, but grey water should be fine.
    No around the pipe. All around it. Big chunk Rock you'd use for just this thing. The main is pvc, then it meets corrugated.

Today is digging up the corrugated enough to pull it back from the pvc and have a looksy

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Can you rent a drain camera? That seems so much easier than all this digging by hand!
    The thought is there and i still might. This is cheaper right now. Lol
    I sure hope it is corrugated that is smooth interior, is this the main for the grey water or septic?
    I'll bet you it's currogated inside too. PO was a cheap bastard

This is just grey water. Laundry and kitchen sink.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I don't mind hand digging.

I've dug every single hole here, why not this. Lmao.

I've got friends/farmers with equipment but anytime you call in a favor you know their favir6is going to be a broken truck dead of winter middle of the night.... Been there done that.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The thought is there and i still might. This is cheaper right now. Lol
    I’m just thinking it would narrow it down a lot faster for you but I get it, I have a hard time paying good money for something I can do myself, unless I have to do it twice, then all bets are off!

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I’m just thinking it would narrow it down a lot faster for you but I get it, I have a hard time paying good money for something I can do myself, unless I have to do it twice, then all bets are off!
    Half the fun and motivation is to see how bad the PO f'd the job up prior. Been my entire experience here!

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    If you are experiencing slow drain again, you may have a leach field blockage. Most leach field issues are not corrected by “unblocking”. They usually just put a new field in and connect it to your existing tank. you may also want to invest in a percolator test for your soil if you are having issues every 2 years. Your system may not be the correct setup for your soil type.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    If you are experiencing slow drain again, you may have a leach field blockage. Most leach field issues are not corrected by “unblocking”. They usually just put a new field in and connect it to your existing tank. you may also want to invest in a percolator test for your soil if you are having issues every 2 years. Your system may not be the correct setup for your soil type.
    Are we even sure he has a leach field?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Cut the pipe open and pretty much blocked solid.

Installed a temporary solution until I can figure this out.

Attachments

• 20220927_195050.jpg
      20220927_195050.jpg
      922.8 KB · Views: 30
    • 20220927_175407.jpg
      20220927_175407.jpg
      677.5 KB · Views: 30

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Cut the pipe open and pretty much blocked solid.

Installed a temporary solution until I can figure this out.
    Do you have a septic field?
    The old “systems” are grandfathered and you won’t get in trouble for having one, but it can be tough to work on one once it fails.

Also, you might probe to find where the pvc starts back up, and dig up there to see if it’s clear. The corrugated section might be the plugged up part.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Do you have a septic field?
    The old “systems” are grandfathered and you won’t get in trouble for having one, but it can be tough to work on one once it fails.

Also, you might probe to find where the pvc starts back up, and dig up there to see if it’s clear. The corrugated section might be the plugged up part.
    This is not my septic.

This is my grey water.

I am unsure of my septic as of right now its been fine so I've left it alone.

The pcv is clear completely, the corrugated is the issue. I snaked 18 feet into the PVC and then 50nft on the other side. It's all good....

It's just if I want to try and find the tank, if there is one.

Top Bottom