• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    North Liberty
    Thanks everyone, Just getting started. I have been collecting for forty years now and all this buy / sell on the computer is all new to me. In my much younger years my brother and I would hit every gun show in Northern Indiana. I got started hanging out at the local shop in the basement on Indiana Ave. in South Bend. It is still there called Indiana Arms and Ammo. We always called it Guns and Buns as there was a bakery upstairs. I became familiar with the Smith & Wesson models. I started collecting S&W, Colts And Rugers. My father was a S.B. Police officer for the city of S.B. for 20 years and on the St. Joseph County Sheriffs Dept for another 10 years. At 10 years old I got to shoot my first revolver, my dad's 4 inch Colt Python. WOW what a handful. Dad still has that purdy at 89 yrs young. My main interests are 1911's and Cowboy guns. I grew up watching all the westerns from the 50's - 60's, as well as the great black and white movies like Combat and 12 O' clock high. I am still watching the re-runs when I get home from work. Face it I never grew up and don't want to. The wife and I on the week-end ride our Mules at Potatoe Creek State park. I chase the White-tail in the fall with my smoke pole, lever .44 or a Scoped Ruger Super Redhawk. Well thats a short look-see of me and what I am about. Lookin forward to hearing from you pardner. Schofield Johnny

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I got started hanging out at the local shop in the basement on Indiana Ave. in South Bend. It is still there called Indiana Arms and Ammo. We always called it Guns and Buns as there was a bakery upstairs.

Oh no... You too... Nice going through the side door and cutting through the bakery, to go down stairs. That place was stuffed in there. What was there, barely room for 3 people???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom