• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While driving down to drill early Saturday (18 JUN) the lugs on my driver's side front decided to take a leave of absence without my permission.

While I almost bought the farm, I did limp it to dad's house where Big Craig serves as neighbor. While I took the Clinton Era Mercury to Stout Field (man was I styling), dad and Big Craig replaced the lugs (and torqued, you hear that Bob Rohrman, torque the &^%#* lug nuts) with his more extensive collection of hand tools.

Thank you, Craig. I appreciate you helping me, and for putting up with my father as your neighbor.

1655658514948.png

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Talk about the little lug nut that could! Good thing that little guy didn’t give up on you!
    I remember one time when driving home from work on I-465 in my Dodge Ram, it started feeling "funny", so I pulled off onto the shoulder. I walked around the truck, didn't see anything obviously wrong. Got back in, put it in gear and it wouldn't move. My first thought was that the transmission had gone out. Got to looking closer, and all the lugnuts had come off my left rear wheel. The reason it wouldn't move was because it was spinning on the axle.

One of those Hoosier Helper vans showed up and the driver walked back along the shoulder and managed to find 3 of my lugnuts. I limped it to a tire shop and they had to replace some of the lugs on the wheel. I was super paranoid about driving on the interstate for a long time after that! If that wheel had come off, it would have been a mess in interstate rush hour traffic.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I remember one time when driving home from work on I-465 in my Dodge Ram, it started feeling "funny", so I pulled off onto the shoulder. I walked around the truck, didn't see anything obviously wrong. Got back in, put it in gear and it wouldn't move. My first thought was that the transmission had gone out. Got to looking closer, and all the lugnuts had come off my left rear wheel. The reason it wouldn't move was because it was spinning on the axle.

One of those Hoosier Helper vans showed up and the driver walked back along the shoulder and managed to find 3 of my lugnuts. I limped it to a tire shop and they had to replace some of the lugs on the wheel. I was super paranoid about driving on the interstate for a long time after that! If that wheel had come off, it would have been a mess in interstate rush hour traffic.
    I had a similar experience but it was out in the boonies with no cell service, like way out, drive across a few creeks to get to a pond to fish way out, a solid 20 minutes of back roads and another 30 minutes of highway to get home. Truck was shaky when I went to head home with my two year old with me, stopped, looked all over, didn’t see anything so kept going. Got almost to 20 mph and it starts going crazy. I pull off and start looking around and find the tie rod end completely came apart on me! I lashed it together with a dog leash I had in the truck! It was a scary ride but it got us all the way home!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it reminds me of one story. Just got a brand new car. less than 100 miles on it. I'm sitting in my living room and I hear a loud thud. I go outside, and see a wheel laying on the ground next to my car. I look up the street and I see a car with 3 wheels.
    I go check on the young lady in her late teens/early 20s and she's fine but shaken up. I look at the hub, and one lug nut is snapped off. The rest are nice and shiny. No rust to indicate any of the others have been exposed.

Some jackwagon removed all of the nuts but one. When she took the left turn onto my street, that lug just couldnt hold and broke, but the little wheel that could just kept rolling along until it met my rear passenger door. She had just broken up with her boyfriend, so she had an idea who it was.

No serious damage. In fact unless you compared the two doors, you couldnt see the difference.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bob Rohrman has it. Everything went smoothly. No raised voices and I did not have to use lawyer voice.

They gave me a RAV4. So, if you see a concrete colored RAV4 parked by the Tippecanoe County Courthouse, that is me.

Just glad to have dodged death, this time. If I dwell on it, I'll never sleep.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This cant' be true.
    There were NO gunshots
    NO yelling
    NO lawsuits.

I mean, come on man.
    Am I supposed to believe Penthouse stories were true also?

Top Bottom