Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Copy/paste from the Troops in DC thread:

Here's a couple thoughts:
    Deployment plans have transportation and logistics annexes. It appears there was a serious lack of planning here.

Was this identified as a Task Force, or was it just a Title 32 gaggle?

DC National Guard reports to Secretary of the Army. BIG ASSUMPTION HERE, the Task Force should report to that chain of command since there is no Unified Combatant Command involved.

Who in the actual **** told these troops to leave and go live in a garage? Who in the actual **** decided they had to listen to this individual?

Sec-Army or DC Adjutant General involved says you leave and go where you're told. Other than that?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    To be fair US soldiers have been deployed all over the world for decades.
    Most of the time they slept with no roof above their head, miles away from any power outlet, with no access to a bathroom for days.
    With no way to contact their families for weeks.
    All that while being under constant danger from insurgent attacks.
    Getting hit with mortar rounds at night.
    Having to worry about IEDs whenever they go somewhere.

I find it funny (and ridiculous) that people just now get offended by their living conditions.

"OMG they are sleeping directly on marble floor!"

"OMG how are they going to charge their cellphone?!"

GettyImages-1230564101.jpg

Been deployed in DC is the easiest and safest deployment of their career.

No soldier deployed in DC will come back in a coffin.

They have it WAY worst overseas and nobody cares about their living condition or the way they are treated!

Where's the outrage when planes full of coffins land on US soil after overseas deployments?

image-asset.jpeg

People should care about the military 365 days a year.
    Not just for political reasons when they are deployed by someone they didn't vote for.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

The garage move happened because some whiny Karen swamp creature whined about masks.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Most of the time they slept with no roof above their head, miles away from any power outlet, with no access to a bathroom for days.

I find it funny (and ridiculous) that people just now get offended by their living conditions.

"OMG they are sleeping directly on marble floor!"

"OMG how are they going to charge their cellphone?!"

GettyImages-1230564101.jpg

Been deployed in DC is the easiest and safest deployment of their career.

No soldier deployed in DC will come back in a coffin.

They have it WAY worst overseas and nobody cares about their living condition or the way they are treated!

Where's the outrage when planes full of coffins land on US soil after overseas deployments?

image-asset.jpeg

People should care about the military 365 days a year.
    Not just for political reasons when they are deployed by someone they didn't vote for.
    I think it's bc we expect them to have rough conditions in other war torn countries, but expect them to be treated better at home.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think it's bc we expect them to have rough conditions in other war torn countries, but expect them to be treated better at home.
    I get that but I think it's because most people are not aware of their living conditions abroad.
    Or they just like not to think about it.

I bet a lot of US soldiers deployed overseas right now wish they could be sleeping in DC.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In 1969, my pop was knee deep in rice patty wishing he could sleep in a garage.
    In 2020, are soldiers really complaining because they can't charge their phone and have to sleep on a floor?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This doesn't count as rough conditions. I was never in the military, but spent my youth as a military "brat." I remember my pop having to spend several nights out from time to time. Do soldiers not go out to the field (stateside) anymore? Or if they do, is the field akin the glamping?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Some of you are ****ing unbelievable. This is the most disrespectful ******** since Jane Fonda went to Vietnam. If you think throwing soldiers out of the capital once they’ve served their purpose with no plan in place to get them home or provide accommodations better than a homeless drug addict is ok then you are disgusting.

I slept in plenty of nasty and uncomfortable places while I was in. I was NOT in our nation‘s capital at the time. There is no legitimate excuse For treating them this way. None. Attempts to justify it do nothing but confirm a lack of character and lack of respect. Both typical leftist behaviors, color me surprised.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington

When deployed, sleeping in horrible conditions (when allowed to or able to sleep), it is because nothing better is available. In the US on a security gig, this is unacceptable, at least put them in a room where the temp is controlled and there are some chairs for sitting in. As for bare floor, I personally don't care, having laid on carpet (not the kind in your house, it does little to cushion anything.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    This doesn't count as rough conditions. I was never in the military, but spent my youth as a military "brat." I remember my pop having to spend several nights out from time to time. Do soldiers not go out to the field (stateside) anymore? Or if they do, is the field akin the glamping?
    Yea they signed up for this so **** em right

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Some of you are ******* unbelievable. This is the most disrespectful ******** since Jane Fonda went to Vietnam. If you think throwing soldiers out of the capital once they’ve served their purpose with no plan in place is ok then you are disgusting.

I slept in plenty of nasty and uncomfortable places while I was in. I was NOT in our nation‘s capital at the time. There is no legitimate excuse For treating them this way. None. Attempts to justify it do nothing but confirm a lack of character and lack of respect.

I 100% agree.

Top Bottom