• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    I have a couple gifted by employers from the mid to late 90's...they are showing some wear right at cuff/sleeve. Got a nicer, finer material Carhartt for client meetings and such. Snap off hood. This one was made in Mexico.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Their jeans fit my + sized butt well, when I have to dress up.

:):

Reminds me of my BIL's dad, a Kentucky to Marion Co. transplant. His daughter was marrying a man of some standing, but there was drama leading right up to the day of the ceremony, if I remember correctly. She had to threaten him with being barred from the event if he wore jeans.

He eventually gave in, and walked her down the aisle in a tux.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't know how anyone doing any kind of physical labor could keep COOL in the Arctic stuff, though. Seriously. Unless you're sitting still and literally doing nothing; those Arctic insulated things are HOT. Too hot.
    That's part of the problem though. They are warm enough that you quickly work up a heavy sweat if you're very active and then, since they are cotton based they neither wick away the moisture or retain heat well while damp, you freeze as soon as your activity level decreases. They're fine as long as the activity is constant or where you can retreat to warmer areas once the activity decreases.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The key to Carhartts long life is to only wash them when necessary. Easy to get 20 years out of a jacket or bibs that way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I own a pair of Carhartt coveralls and a pair of overalls as well as a couple hooded jackets. They're just about right for outdoor work under 15° or sitting a deer stand above 30° up to 40°. I've mostly gone to more fleece and poly longjohns for actually remaining dry and comfortable when activity is gonna vary. And a cold weather sit in the deerstand requires my Cabelas winter (feels like a large sleeping bag) coveralls. Above 10° those or my snow camo will have you sweating. The polly and fleece with some sort of windbreaker layer on top will keep you warm and dry in most conditions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive got a set of theirs in safety orange. (bibs and coat) Its so damn warm, anything but sitting on my ass makes me sweat. I gave up using them with the snowblower, because even just guiding the self propelled 2 stage around I have to take off the coat halfway through because I'm soaked in sweat.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    When I wear them hunting I carry them until at the tree stand. Then sit until I am cooled off. At that point I put them on. It is all uphill at my place to the hunting spots.

Don

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When my little girl was 5 or 6, I bought her a set of Carrhart bibs. They were real handy because you could use the bib straps as a carry handle. Just pick her up and carry her around.
    When my dad was a toddler in the '50s, grandma used to hook a line from his bib straps to the clothesline to keep him from wandering off when she was doing chores. Worked well for awhile until one day she looked and saw the bibs hanging from the clothesline and my dad running naked across the yard.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    For any of you first responders, I just learned yesterday that the 25% discount Carhartt stores offer to military has been extended to first responders.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    "There is no bad weather, only bad clothes".
    This has been my motto since my dad passed it to me. He survived Russia in the winter during WWII. He knew a thing about cold.

He used to expound a little on this and say there are two reasons people are cold; 1 is they don't have the money to buy the proper gear and 2, they are stupid.

He was not know to be politically correct,lol.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The key to Carhartts long life is to only wash them when necessary. Easy to get 20 years out of a jacket or bibs that way.
    This is they key to ANY clothing.

That, and using the mechanical clothes dryer as little as possible.

We hang up almost all of our clothes to air dry. But, we have the space (indoors!) to do so.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    This has been my motto since my dad passed it to me. He survived Russia in the winter during WWII. He knew a thing about cold.

He used to expound a little on this and say there are two reasons people are cold; 1 is they don't have the money to buy the proper gear and 2, they are stupid.

He was not know to be politically correct,lol.
    Smart man. The truth is never politically incorrect.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Try Filson. They're expensive, really expensive, but still hand made in the USA. I've got a wool double mackinaw cruiser jacket, it's 23 years old still looks good. Kept me alive in the winters of northern Minnesota.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is sad that Carhart decided to manufacture off shore. Carhart and Redwing were the last I always trusted. It is funny, that the cheaper Carhart T shirts are USA, while the $24 ones are imported. I wore Redwing work shoes and boots since 1980.They cost more but they lasted longer and my feet did not hurt. They were so consistent I did not even need to try them on. Always bought #2901 Shoes and #1143 boots. Last time I went, the price had gone up, and #1143 boots were imported.

If a retailer can make money selling USA made lower product, it is offensive to import the higher line products.

Not that Fender guitar corporation is a shining star, but the $1800 models are USA, the $800 ones are Mexico, and the $400 and lower are Asian.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Bought these Carhartt bibs and a matching vest with the Sherpa lining in 2008, the year I got our outdoor boiler. I've cut, split, and loaded tons and tons of wood in them. Might have ran them through the wash three times. What I absolutely can't find is a pair of gloves to take this kind of abuse for more than a couple months.
    1f9336739e4faa39137a7a4d5f89211c.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Yep, I WAS about to go shopping for another Carharrt winter jacket. Not anymore. Too bad.

Nothing like requiring a shot the science shows cannot prevent the current variant. Way to go Carharrt.

Top Bottom