• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    It's important for us to recognize that in any group, there are both bad and good individuals.

+1 to this officer! Thank you for this find.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Excellent find, thanks for posting. We need more of this in the world today. The fact that he wanted to remain anonymous instead of seeking recognition is how it should be.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    As in just about every type of job out there, their are good one's and bad ones... He seems to be one of the good one's.. :yesway:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    People give hundreds of dollars to charity probably hundreds of times a day.

Although I applaud all charitable giving, I find it fascinating that this one gets its own news segment and an entire thread.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

Although I applaud all charitable giving, I find it fascinating that this one gets its own news segment and an entire thread.

Unlike you posting in a cop bashing thread non-stop? even though bad guys kill bad guys most every day, but when a cop doe's it not only does it gets it's own thread, and you post in it non-stop?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    atvdave said:
    Unlike you posting in a cop bashing thread non-stop? even though bad guys kill bad guys most every day, but when a cop doe's it not only does it gets it's own thread, you post in it non-stop?

I think that more light needs to be shined on law enforcement abuses. Especially when I believe they are being covered up or rationalized. There is a purpose behind it. I don't 'bash' anyone. I typically say positive things in positive police threads.

This thread made me curious. Why is this so interesting to everyone?

My theory is that it's because it provides a stark contrast. Decent citizens rarely have interactions with the cops, and any interactions that we have are typically negative. It is unfortunate that law enforcement, something that ought to be a looked upon as a noble profession by decent citizens, has been relegated to a state where a kind gesture like this is so very unexpected.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think that more light needs to be shined on law enforcement abuses. Especially when I believe they are being covered up or rationalized. There is a purpose behind it. I don't 'bash' anyone. I typically say positive things in positive police threads.

This thread made me curious. Why is this so interesting to everyone?

My theory is that it's because it provides a stark contrast. Decent citizens rarely have interactions with the cops, and any interactions that we have are typically negative. It is unfortunate that law enforcement, something that ought to be a looked upon as a noble profession by decent citizens, has been relegated to a state where a kind gesture like this is so very unexpected.
    Unexpected to be sure. I would be willing to bet the person that was pulled over was more likely in fear of what the cop could possibly do to make their life more miserable.

That is what makes a good deed like this one stand out even more.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Its a shame the government puts people in a position to choose between feeding their families or paying for permission to travel.

Its also a shame that the officer's charitable donation was immediately consumed by the government instead of actually benefiting the struggling family.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Yea I guess it's also a shame that he has to buy tires, and buy gas, and buy wiper blades. And buy clothes and books and toilet paper. It's also a shame that he has to pay for license plates and insurance. It's also a shame the gobment can't come over and wipe his a$$ every time he sh!ts. Oh what a shame. Owning a car is not a cheap, if you can not afford it, buy a bike or take the bus, or hitch hike. Awaiting the Lib to chime in now.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yea I guess it's also a shame that he has to buy tires, and buy gas, and buy wiper blades. And buy clothes and books and toilet paper. It's also a shame that he has to pay for license plates and insurance. It's also a shame the gobment can't come over and wipe his a$$ every time he sh!ts. Oh what a shame. Owning a car is not a cheap, if you can not afford it, buy a bike or take the bus, or hitch hike. Awaiting the Lib to chime in now.

Heck yeah bro. Let's find something else to tax! Maybe tea?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Because it went directly to a needy person, and didn't get 'filtered' through some organization with overhead. Seems like this is actually preferable to institutionalized charity.

Its a shame the government puts people in a position to choose between feeding their families or paying for permission to travel.

Its also a shame that the officer's charitable donation was immediately consumed by the government instead of actually benefiting the struggling family.

Yeah, it didn't benefit the family. The car didn't get impounded and the husband wasn't ticketed for a driving offense.

Did the government put this guy in that position? Or maybe if the economy were a little more vibrant with fewer O-jobs, he might have a living wage. Or maybe he made some bad decisions along the way, and will always be behind the 8 ball economically. Not prepared to say the requirement to register his vehicle is the source of all his woes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Seriously......with all the LEO bashing lets honor a good guy when he is found. Let the negative go and roll with some positive for a bit. Will not hurt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Refer to post #19 please.

I am no fan of big brother.

Top Bottom