• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    My biggest concern with this growing lawfare is that more and more BS nonsense laws are created by state, fed, whomever. And while these erroneous laws won't stand long-term, in the short term they create change. Hypothetical: Cali creates a law that says all persons must wear their underwear on the outside of their pants. The courts will eventually get around to vacating such a ridiculous law. But until they do the people are subject to the law. Often times with threat of punishment. Then Cali says ok. Then everyone wearing underwear cannot wear pants over them. Back through the courts again. All the while the law is in effect.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Wasn't it Koreans who used their rifles to fend off rioters from destroying their property during the Rodney King riots?
    Yes! Not sure that the "used" their rifles (and shotguns), as in shooting at anyone. It was enough that 2 conditions were met:

1. The Koreans did have arms, and
    2. The rioters believed that arms would be used the instant a certain line was crossed.

It's a great case of armed citizens deterring more violence and property damage. It also goes deeper into the mindset of individuals meeting bad actors with real force. Those Korean men would have gone out and lined up with ax handles, hammers, kitchen knives, or anything else at hand if they didn't have firearms. The 2A simply meant that the 60 year old (that was a 20 year old soldier in the Korean war) could be just as effective as, or more than, the youngsters... and they could do it from the comfort of a lawn chair on the roof.

What some in the US call a vigilante mob, they call neighbors helping neighbors.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Yeah but that's what we need. Allow the communist states to have their own rules and freedom loving people can live in their own states. We'll see which states last longer.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    ... This Texas law has got to go. It undermines the idea of standing to a level that is horrific. If allowed to remain, it will set a precedent for all sorts of stupid!

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug
    I'm not weighing in on the merits of the Texas law, or the abortion issue, in any way.

That said, the Left threw logic, reason, and civil discourse out the window a long time ago. Polititions and media propagandists have used twisted rationalizations and 'new speak' to shoe horn their wish lists into policy and law for decades. Reasonable people, inclined to avoid conflict, have tried to ignore it; and have repeatedly been beaten upside the head with the Stupid Stick. Texas and others have simply decided to stop getting beaten to a coma. "When in Rome..." so to speak.

I believe a growing trend/idea is: "The only way to get them to stop hitting me with that stick is if I go get my own and start hitting back." It's a painful process, but sooner or later, just maybe, everyone will agree that getting hit all the time isn't a good idea. Maybe some pain will encourage everyone to agree that they should find another way than immediately swinging stupid sticks! Somewhat like the idea of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), it doesn't work when one side is seen as unwilling to use their weapons. I Hope Texas is just demonstrating that "Two can play at this game. How do you like it now?" Again, a painful process, an unhealthy process, but here we are...and Texas didn't start it.

Again, I'm not Pro or Anti marijuana, and pot isn't my point here. I did, however, take notice when CA and CO made a BIG deal of legalizing it, and flat out flipping the bird to both federal law and the laws well established in all other states. Maybe they were right to do so, maybe not. They DID start a high profile, high octane, pissing contest between Fed and State authority. Did they really not understand the precedent they were setting, and that this wouldn't always work in their favor?

Case in point - Did anyone else note that Texas also passed a law that says, basically, that suppressors don't require a stamp, form, license, or anything else - as long as it's manufactured in Texas, used in Texas, and isn't taken out of Texas? This was pretty under-stated, like "oh, one last minor thing...". I immediately thought "They're setting it up for bigger fights soon to come." My reading indicated that it was exactly the rational for legalizing pot at the state level, that was relied on to 'legalize' the suppressors.

SUPRISE! Sometimes you get what you want now, but pay more for it later.

Personally, I would love to see BOTH sides turn down the heat. Just like MAD, de-escalation only works if it's mutual, and all parties see why it's necessary for them. Unfortunately, I don't see that in the next round or two of cards.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Companies with a single or small ownership might. I think Ronnie Barret withheld his .50's from California LE years ago.

Management of a publicly traded company is responsible for maximizing shareholder value. They're gong to follow the law and sell where they can.
    Not necessarily, many companys produce prouducts that will be legal to sell in states that pass those laws.
    Look at the states that passed 10 rd mag limits. "Poof" 10 rd mags were built, And with that those firearms could be sold in MD then what NJ and California.
    Look at the handguns that needed a fired case in certain states. "Poof" two fired cases appeared in compliance in new handguns and they were shipped to those states.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For those not wanting to watch the video..

Top Bottom