• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I ordered 3 cans through silencer shop on June 25, 2020 to be shipped to Parabellum in Avon. I had issues with Parabellum submitting the paperwork and had to get silencer shop to get on them as it took a month and half for them to do it. Parabellum called me on December 28 and said they received 2 of the tax stamps which I picked up but they had not received the 3rd one. I just called the ATF hotline today and was told all three tax stamps were approved at the same time on December 8th. Called my dealer again and they stated they do not have the third tax stamp. I know USPS sucks right now but it has been 35 days. Has anyone had this happened? Any suggestion on what I need to do? Do I call the ATF and request they resend the stamp?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I ordered 3 cans through silencer shop on June 25, 2020 to be shipped to Parabellum in Avon. I had issues with Parabellum submitting the paperwork and had to get silencer shop to get on them as it took a month and half for them to do it. Parabellum called me on December 28 and said they received 2 of the tax stamps which I picked up but they had not received the 3rd one. I just called the ATF hotline today and was told all three tax stamps were approved at the same time on December 8th. Called my dealer again and they stated they do not have the third tax stamp. I know USPS sucks right now but it has been 35 days. Has anyone had this happened? Any suggestion on what I need to do? Do I call the ATF and request they resend the stamp?
    I think the ATF says stamps may take up to 40 days to arrive at dealers. Wait one more week, then ask the ATF for help. I dont have first hand experience, but supposedly they can send a certified copy that you can keep for your records. Unfortunately if the real stamp is lost, it is lost forever. Parabellum is sometimes slow getting Form 4s submitted, but they do seem better than others at calling as soon as the stamp comes in. Hopefully you get a call from Trevor later this week with your stamp.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Well I guess it was just a fluke, the stamp came in today. I just figured when three stamps are approved at the same time, three will arrive at the same time not 3 weeks apart. That is what I get for thinking the Government follows normal rules of logic. Also, Silencer shop and Parabellum both have A+ customer service, they both were quick to help out the best they could on this.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Glad it showed up finally. If this happens again though, once it's beyond the time the ATF says it should take, you can request a duplicate. This is a photo-copy of the approved form that the ATF keeps on file. It will work the same, the only thing you'll be missing is the actual stamp they put on the form itself. I had this happen once a long time ago.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Glad it showed up finally. If this happens again though, once it's beyond the time the ATF says it should take, you can request a duplicate. This is a photo-copy of the approved form that the ATF keeps on file. It will work the same, the only thing you'll be missing is the actual stamp they put on the form itself. I had this happen once a long time ago.
    From my conversation with Silencer shop, this actually will not work. The dealer will have to file for a new stamp to be issued since the suppressor was never transferred to me. It will not be a duplicate copy but a new stamp all together and it is not something I can do on my own and must be done by the dealer. Again, I don't know if this is correct, but it is what I was told.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    From my conversation with Silencer shop, this actually will not work. The dealer will have to file for a new stamp to be issued since the suppressor was never transferred to me. It will not be a duplicate copy but a new stamp all together and it is not something I can do on my own and must be done by the dealer. Again, I don't know if this is correct, but it is what I was told.

I have a duplicate stamp in my possession. It was a Form 1, but I assume it would be the same thing for them. Because if the ATF approved it, it's approved. The paperwork they mail out isn't what "transfers" the item. Unless something changed, I think they should be able to request a duplicate. :dunno:

Luckily it doesn't matter for you since it finally arrived :thumbsup:

Top Bottom