• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've had quite a few short barreled Taurus revolvers, never had a problem with any of them, I guess I'm the lucky one.
    Every person I've known personally, who's ever owned a Taurus - pistol or revolver - has had to send it in under warranty repair...but I've heard of people who've not had to send their's in!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Every person I've known personally, who's ever owned a Taurus - pistol or revolver - has had to send it in under warranty repair...but I've heard of people who've not had to send their's in!
    I am one of those.

I have had at least a half-dozen different Taurus revolvers from -2" to 6" in 22LR, 22 magnum, 38, 357, 45 colt/410 (The Judge) & never a problem.
    Presently pleased with the Taurus 856 model.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Everyone's experience is different and with the Taurus products, it's just a much wider range of issues.
    Experience shapes perspective, which shapes attitude.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    I ended up purchasing a 2nd 856CH Ultralight and it has been every bit as good as the first.... and replacing the front sight with a night sight was cheap.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have an older 85CH & it's 30+ years old & has never had one bit of trouble EVER
    On this one the gun is really blued & polished & smooth on the DAO stroke
    I have a buddy who wants it & looked at the 856 & was totally impressed with the finish on this older gun
    Think He Likes the Pachmayr grips too
    Taurus 85CH Ammo.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Recently traded for a Taurus model 65, fixed sights. Rounds all came out fine, have heard stories about cylinders not aligning, mine is fine..
    Update, since this post I've taken a closer look, the cylinder was out of alignment, so I contacted Taurus, they sent me a shipping label, shipped it back 3 weeks later it came back and is way better alignment, they said they installed a new cylinder, can't wait to shoot it!! Have to give credit to Taurus, I am not the original owner, yet they shipped, and fixed it free...they have a customer for life

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Update, since this post I've taken a closer look, the cylinder was out of alignment, so I contacted Taurus, they sent me a shipping label, shipped it back 3 weeks later it came back and is way better alignment, they said they installed a new cylinder, can't wait to shoot it!! Have to give credit to Taurus, I am not the original owner, yet they shipped, and fixed it free...they have a customer for life
    I had that great experience with a SW .22LR revolver I bought here that the cylinder wouldn't cycle (owner didn't know it b/c he bought it to help a friend out & threw it into the safe for years).
    Sent it to SW & they ended up sending me a replacement :wow:

Probably 5 yrs ago, I had a Taurus 709 Slim semi that wouldn't cycle properly. :wallbash:
    I had bought the gun from Chris, at Marksman Shooting in Westfield, & he sent it back to Taurus & they took months to do anything.
    He refunded my $200-ish at the time & I lost track of how he got it fixed or they sent him another. :thumbsup:
    Just yesterday when selling an extra GX4, the buyer told me his wife loved the 709 Slim & she had 4 of them!!! :scratch:
    After that, I wouldn't buy a Taurus semi-auto, period. :nono:

Zachcz finally "forced" me into buying a Taurus GX4 & it was flawless & I've owned two of them now.
    I think he told me that if I didn't like it, he'd buy it from me, haha! ;)
    It was a gun that had been passed around between some of his friends that do that as they upgrade.
    I sold the one I originally bought just to get a green Cerakote slide Zackcz had that I "needed." :lmfao:
    Love green frames or slides! :dunno:
    Aren't people odd?! :ugh:

It took me years to even buy a Taurus semi .22LR & now I've owned 2-3 of them, currently keeping the TX Competition 5" & both it and the other two TX were flawless.
    Welcome to the "Club," of reliability in the semi-auto genre, Taurus, haha! :wavey:

Since this is an 856 thread, I was pocket carrying mine last week, & before that, a Ruger LCR 38 sp, revolver & before that the aforementioned Taurus GX4.
    Yes, it's true, being old :fogey:, I still prefer CC a revolver, haha! :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom