• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I have a Taurus 445 .44 spl that is giving light primer strikes in double action. Single action is no problem; always get a bang. Can anyone suggest a fix or a competent smith that works on taurus revolvers?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Update: Mainspring pin is bent. I'm going to try to straighten it out, but also buy a new one, one way or the other. Now the question is how did it get bent. Anyone know what would cause that to happen?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I am the original owner and the only work was done by Taurus for being out of time. I bought it in the early 2000's and honestly haven't put a multitude of rounds through it. Its a gun that I seldom shoot. Its titanium, so very light weight causing stout recoil. I would not think that would be related to the mainspring though. Then again, I'm not very mechanically inclined. Love this gun for it's ease of carry and want to fix it to 100% reliability if thats possible. If so I'll keep it, but I will not be buying another Taurus. I have had too many problems with their firearms.
    In the next couple days I'm going to order the mainspring and pin. I'm hoping it won't repeat the problem. Would like your opinions and suggestions.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    If you would like to bring it to my shop I'd be happy to help you out with it. Maybe an upgrade in springs and pin would do the trick. I have had a Taurus revolver for years...I swear by it. Probably one of the most accurate shooting revolvers I own. But I understand how one bad apple can spoil the bunch. If you are interested in the help, PM me and we'll work something out. Thanks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom