• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Anyone have theirs mounted free standing? I know they're designed to go on a wall but the current water/gas/exhaust lines are kind of in the middle of the room. Not sure what the builder was thinking when they laid it all out. I may be building something for it to hang on.
    Yes. I just ran two 2x4s vertical about 16" apart, tied to short 2x4s horizontal, and connected to my concrete floor and my rafters above. Stable and easy, in the middle of my basement.

Wasn't really going for savings on efficiency, more the ability for 4 or 5 showers in quick succession.
    Yep. That's the main reason. The efficiency / slightly lower utility bills are nice. But the big payoff is when my wife and daughter take long showers before me, and I still get nice hot water as long as I'd like! I love the fact that we can have as many guests over as we want, they can take as long showers / baths as they want, and there will always be hot water. Or my wife fills the large jacuzzi tub, and I can still take a nice hot shower at the same time or right afterward.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Have had mine 7 years with hard water. I've done zero maintenance and it's great.

It takes about 10-15 seconds longer to get warmer water. If you have a super long plumbing run you might want to look into a under sink heater on that faucet.

You'll drain your well before you run out of hot water. Lol. We use it to fill our hot tub as well.
    P

Top Bottom