• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bought a Canik tp9 elite sc, and I like/don't like the smaller grip. I like that it's smaller, but it feels like there's not enough grippy on it...

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Hickok45 uses a lot of them...
    I believe Hickok also used to use a sort of skateboard tape.

I've used the Talon grips in the past. They worked great but aligning them was tricky for me. I resorted to cutting my own strips and placing them on the grip.

Used this for an aggressive granulate style...
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Safe...Reflective-Tread-6-in-x-2-ft-7768NA/100391699

Tried this for this for a more rubber style. Didn't offer much 'bite'...
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-2-in-x-15-ft-Safety-Walk-Step-and-Ladder-Tread-Tape-7635NA/100132176

When you get these grip-strips, you'll think of other ways to use them... I used some of the rubber type on the back of my laptop to make it easier to pick up one handed-closed. Or as scuff/scrape protection.

YMMV...

:thumbsup:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Good buy! I like the way they change the look AND feel. Put them on my LCP II, Security 9, and Glock 22. I've had both textures and the rubber is preferred. Here is the sandpaper I tried on the G22
    1632069906272.jpg
    I really like the way they improved the look for the LCP II and Security 9. Rugers styling as of late is sorta hit and miss with me. Guns are good tho regardless
    downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile-2.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I put the rubber ones on my P10F. The factory grip texture was a little too aggressive for me but the Talons made it very nice.

I agree with the quality product statement.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a set of granulated on a Gen 3 G-22, nice to grab, but you feel your hand get sand blasted after a few mags, on other Gen 3 G-22's (Two more) and a Gen 5 G-43 I use the regular rubberized ones.
    On the one G-43 after a couple of years of carry, I had a small coming loose spot, but I tacked it with a tiny amount of Gorilla Glue applied with a tooth pic, no issues, and yes I struggle with alignment to get them right.
    After that, I am good to go.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I like them, I have sweaty palms when shooting in matches etc. I use the rubberized texture on anything I would carry IWB. They have a new texture which is a granulated rubber called the "PRO" texture. I like it a lot. It really helps with grip without the abrasiveness of the granulated sand paper feel. I use that on bigger guns that I shoot matches or OWB carry. They defiantly hold up long enough to justify the price.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I put the rubber ones on my P10F. The factory grip texture was a little too aggressive for me but the Talons made it very nice.

I agree with the quality product statement.
    I found that out also. Not so much for my hands but if you have it against your skin because of hot weather It's like sandpaper and will rub you raw.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I’ve used them for 15 years with no issue. My favorite texture is the new “pro” texture they just came out with. It splits the difference between their granulate and rubber grips.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    and yes I struggle with alignment to get them right.
    I wonder if you could apply them like headlight film on a car.

Spray some Windex on the adhesive side which will allow you to slide them into alignment. Then hit them with a hairdryer or low heat gun setting to set them. Might take a day or two for the Windex to dry out and completely set them.

Just a thought, trying to think outside the box.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Hand sanitizer might work or be an option? I know it's used for putting sleeves on AR pistol tubes and it will "dry out" pretty quickly. Just have to be sure it wouldn't damage anything.

Top Bottom