• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN
    Heritage has the "barkeep" out now. I have a rough rider 6" and I love that cheap simple pistol. I would assume the barkeep is the same action just shorter barrel and different styling. Some of the barkeep models you can get a 22 mag cylinder for it as well.

I got my rough rider for $99 at Dunhams a few years ago so this probably isn't the best price.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I think they were about half the price before Rock Island started stamping their mark on them.

Alfa-Proj,.....the problem was finding one but they were advertised all over. Was looking at the 9mm and .32 S&WL at the time and they were under $400.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I think they were about half the price before Rock Island started stamping their mark on them.

Alfa-Proj,.....the problem was finding one but they were advertised all over. Was looking at the 9mm and .32 S&WL at the time and they were under $400.
    Interesting...I guess I do remember hearing something about those a while back, but never saw one in person and they dropped off my radar. Would be fun to give one atty if I could find it. A 9mm would be pretty sweet as I don't have a revolver in that caliber yet.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Heritage has the "barkeep" out now. I have a rough rider 6" and I love that cheap simple pistol. I would assume the barkeep is the same action just shorter barrel and different styling. Some of the barkeep models you can get a 22 mag cylinder for it as well.

I got my rough rider for $99 at Dunhams a few years ago so this probably isn't the best price.
    I just acquired a heritage rough rider. This one has the 22/22mag cylinders with a 4.75 inch barrel. I think it will be fun to plink around with.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Going the hard road - just ordered a NAA Pug Shadow (22mag / 22lr cylinders). It's got actual sights on it but I'm sure it will still be challenging but fun to shoot.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    FWIW this is DA/SA and has a swing out cylinder.
    It seems similar to a SA/DA Ruger Wrangler. I'll watch for one with a bird's head grip.
    Been waiting to see one in person. Anyone seen or shot one? On my radar since they first came out.

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN
    I just acquired a heritage rough rider. This one has the 22/22mag cylinders with a 4.75 inch barrel. I think it will be fun to plink around with.
    I have the 6" barrel and only the .22lr cylinder, and love it. I'm never concerned about it getting beat up so it's kind of the fun gun. Was playing battle ship on some targets at the range with a few buddies a while back and I was starting to get behind, I switched from the .38 to that heritage and came back and won real quick ha

Top Bottom