• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've been resisting posting to this one since I'm not a lady, but...

It seems like a security risk to place your firearm in a bag hanging from the door. A public restroom is the last place I'd want to be disarmed and if someone kicked the door in it would be impossible to recover.

FWIW, I don't sit to P but I do poop a lot... :) I un-holster my sidearm and slip it down my pant leg. So, holster-less ankle carry at that point. There are obvious risks to this, but that's my system.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    I'm not a lady, please don't think that I'm a weirdo. I am a husband and father of two daughters so I am always interested in helping them find more info on safe carry.
    My wife tells me that the safest thing to do while using the restroom is to carry a purse with long ebough straps that you can put it over your head, hanging around your neck while seated. She then clips her holster in the purse. This way if someone tries to gain entry into her stall, she can readily retreive her handgun to gently persuade the perp to walk away. Ha, ha, ha.

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I've been resisting posting to this one since I'm not a lady, but...

It seems like a security risk to place your firearm in a bag hanging from the door. A public restroom is the last place I'd want to be disarmed and if someone kicked the door in it would be impossible to recover.

FWIW, I don't sit to P but I do poop a lot... :) I un-holster my sidearm and slip it down my pant leg. So, holster-less ankle carry at that point. There are obvious risks to this, but that's my system.
    The last part of your post made me laugh so hard! I do like your suggestion to upholster.

On a side note, are there a lot of reports of being assaulted in the stall?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If I am carrying in a holster, I normally just take the holster and pistol off of my waistband together and lay it on top of the TP holder. When finished, just put it back on my waistband. If it is in my purse, I hang that on the door or hook provided as I don't want to set it on the filthy floor...most bathroom floors are not exactly clean.

When I do purse carry, I use a concealed carry purse designed for that. It isn't my preferred carry method, but sometimes it is what works best with what I am wearing or where I am going.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just keep my gun in my holster on my belt when I have to sit. There's a belt loop between the two slots on my holster where the belt goes through (I open carry), so it's not going anywhere.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    If I am carrying in a holster, I normally just take the holster and pistol off of my waistband together and lay it on top of the TP holder. When finished, just put it back on my waistband. If it is in my purse, I hang that on the door or hook provided as I don't want to set it on the filthy floor...most bathroom floors are not exactly clean.

When I do purse carry, I use a concealed carry purse designed for that. It isn't my preferred carry method, but sometimes it is what works best with what I am wearing or where I am going.
    when I sit, I place my handgun in my underwear, easy to get to, and NO CHANCE of leaving it behind. I have read too many horror stories about firearms and phones being left on toilet paper holders, including one trigger happy capital hill policeman and his service weapon

Top Bottom