• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And aren't bump stocks essentially designed for those with disabilities?
    No. They aren't the shoulder thing that goes up, either. You're likely thinking of pistol braces. Maybe learn what you are talking about before posting an opinion on it? Or run for Congress, since most of them don't know what the hell they are talking about either, and enjoy passing laws regulating things they know nothing about.

Bump stock ban? Pretty sure that has/had zero affect on my right to bear arms.

Maybe the article that you posted can explain it to you:

"Despite all of these actions, President Trump’s first term saw one clear Second Amendment policy failure. Under his administration, the ATF arbitrarily reinterpreted the federal definition of “machine gun” to include bump stocks, banning their civilian possession and requiring owners to turn in these devices. It did so even though bump stocks do not modify the mechanics of a semi-automatic firearm, and the agency has no authority to change the meaning of federal law.

Regardless of one’s perspective on the desirability, constitutionality, or practical effectiveness of banning the civilian possession of bump stocks, the way in which the ATF went about doing so is troubling. When a largely unaccountable federal agency feels empowered to effectively rewrite statutes in order to create new gun control laws, it poses a danger to the entire Constitution, including the Second Amendment."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yasss. As gun owners we would have been better of with Clinton because Trump was not perfect. Or better yet, let's run someone who IS perfect - provided that exists and can be discerned from afar and not in the breech. We at least should spend a great deal of time and energy dithering about Trump so we can squander the extremely motivated base he has established by the SUM TOTAL of his actions as president

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    No. They aren't the shoulder thing that goes up, either. You're likely thinking of pistol braces. Maybe learn what you are talking about before posting an opinion on it? Or run for Congress, since most of them don't know what the hell they are talking about either, and enjoy passing laws regulating things they know nothing about.
    Nice personal jab. Did you even notice I phrased my remark about bump stocks as a question??
    Apparently you were more concerned with trying to belittle me. Thanks for that.

And the article blurb you referenced mostly talks about the ATF under Trump Admin. Honestly, I don't care about Trump or any President/Politician for that matter. But I would take his 2nd Amendment polices over the crap show we have going on now all day, every day.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just seen that China is extending military operations and have sent more ships into Taiwanese waters.

I think this will turn into an attack soon.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just seen that China is extending military operations and have sent more ships into Taiwanese waters.

I think this will turn into an attack soon.
    Could be right. China might be at the point now of actually making their one China policy official to put an end to the US continuation of compromising their policy as they see it.

They view gestures like what Pelosi just did as an affront to their one China policy and in doing so the US keeps emboldening Taiwan and encouraging their independence.

Pelosi may have just provided the catalyst here to finally trigger an attack on Taiwan.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am sure these two things are just the USA easing tensions.

Need an oil filter(98% of all oil filters made world wide are made in China),brake pads,rotors,or anything made in China now would likely be a good time to get them. If nothing actually happens you will still save money due to inflation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am sure these two things are just the USA easing tensions.

Need an oil filter(98% of all oil filters made world wide are made in China),brake pads,rotors,or anything made in China now would likely be a good time to get them. If nothing actually happens you will still save money due to inflation.
    For the past few years we've bought extra odd and ends that you get from china. Simple items like the oil filter you describe.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If China does attack Taiwan, then the US government will have had a hand in provoking both Russian and Chinese military conflicts.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If China does attack Taiwan, then the US government will have had a hand in provoking both Russian and Chinese military conflicts.
    And I thought only godless liberals thought everything in the world is America’s fault.

:):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

A mere 12 days after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's Taiwan trip enraged China and triggered a week of threatening military drills, a new delegation of American (Democrat) lawmakers has touched down on the self-ruled island.

"The five-member delegation, led by Democratic Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts, will meet senior leaders to discuss U.S.-Taiwan relations, regional security, trade, investment and other issues, the American Institute in Taiwan said," The Associated Press reports.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Drop them harpoon anti ship missles and patriot air defense systems. Better yet have them BUY them from us.

I think the whole problem with Taiwan defense is they have been buying surplus equipment that really does them no us. Older tanks (keep the tanks from landing in the first place. Anti tank personnel artillery systems. (Great once something lands but keep them from landing.) small arms and mortars.

They should be buying submarines also. Planes they have been buying but they are easier for us to help them with since we have naval battle groups.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think it has nothing to do with us provoking them, and it's 100% the weak leadership in Washington DC.
    America is at its weakest moment in it's existence right now because of what is leading our country.

Top Bottom