• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If it were me between those two the T3X, I haven't heard a lot of good about the X-Bolt but lots of raves for Tikka.
    I am personally leaning toward a Howa instead. Since I'm pretty convinced I will end up modifying the rifle, the $150-200 cheaper Howa price tag can go into the Better Stock and Bipod fund.
    If sky were the limit I'd be on the waiting list for an ARC Coup De Grace.
    There's nothing really wrong with the X-bolt, they're just not as smooth as a Tikka. That's mainly due to having a tri-lug bolt and a shorter bolt throw. IMO, the X-bolt handles recoil significantly better than a Tikka does in factory configuration.

Elcidaviator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2021
    Scottsburg
    If it were me between those two the T3X, I haven't heard a lot of good about the X-Bolt but lots of raves for Tikka.
    I am personally leaning toward a Howa instead. Since I'm pretty convinced I will end up modifying the rifle, the $150-200 cheaper Howa price tag can go into the Better Stock and Bipod fund.
    If sky were the limit I'd be on the waiting list for an ARC Coup De Grace.
    Off topic for the thread, but Brownells has Howa barreled actions and they were just on sale for cheap.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Current .308 bolt inventory:
    7.62x51 Ruger American, Leupold scope, taken 3 deer so far
    7.62x51 Savage Based on 10T-SR but customized, action built and customized 3/18, McGowen bull barrel, HR stock, Nikon Black 1000 scope
    7.62x51 Howa 1500 20" bull barrel, threaded
    7.62x51 Tikka T3X stainless

The Tikka has the smoothest action, and is just a little heavier than the lightest (the Ruger). The Savage and Howa are probably heavier than you are looking for. 1 and 4 are more for hunting but still accurate. The Ruger can put 4 shots in 1" at 100 yards. The last two have newer scopes that have not been sighted in yet - I think you mounted one of the scopes for me at your shop.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm another vote for the Tikka T3X CTR. Nothing against the Browning, but I've never handled one. My Tikka T3X CTR has an action that's just as smooth than a $4,000 custom rifle I own.

I've owned enough Remington's and Savage's I've lost count. Remington is just a name we should all forget until they do something to earn their name back. Savage's can be accurate but they're not nearly as smooth as a Tikka that shoots just as well so why.

Bergara is another brand I'd throw out there because I've seen them shoot and their magazine systems use magpul AICS pattern mags that are cheap(er) and plentiful.

Top Bottom