Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Anyone interested in Project Appleseed?

Looks like one day events in Evansville in June, September and October:

Appleseed was very active in Indiana and then they had some kind of falling out and it has largely went away. A lot of the guys/gals that were working with Appleseed are now with Revere's Riders. My experience with both is that Appleseed was more history and basic marksmanship and RR is history with basic, intermediate and advanced shooting skills across several types of firearms.

They are good events. Both.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Appleseed was very active in Indiana and then they had some kind of falling out and it has largely went away. A lot of the guys/gals that were working with Appleseed are now with Revere's Riders. My experience with both is that Appleseed was more history and basic marksmanship and RR is history with basic, intermediate and advanced shooting skills across several types of firearms.

I recall reading about this some time back... I'm Switzerland in that regard, lol!

I just see Appleseed basic rifle events in the Evansville area (Red Brush) but not Revere Rider events. For intermediate/advanced for either, it looks like travel.

For each/both, I'm interested in natural point of aim in general and especially prone rifle.

Hunted since I was young and was taught the "hasty sling" early on... that's about it, lol!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yep. And you will notice every single Appleseed is at the perimeter of the state. The ENTIRE cadre of Indiana instructors left during the dust-up. So last count I had, all Appleseed events in the state are being run by instructors from neighboring states. So they dont tend to venture very far over the border.

Whether you go Appleseed or Revere's Riders, take the course. Excellent instruction and skills. And awesome history is taught as well.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The TC/R 22 came in... but the May steel challenge was cancelled, so haven't shot it other than practice/plinking/sighting in. I do like the rear peep with the front fiber... so did my 84 yo dad... kicked my butt going 4 for 4, golf balls at 15 yards, standing unsupported.

Need to get on the ball and get the sling for it for Appleseed/RR.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Some how I have missed this thread until now.

Doesn't seem like anything ever got any momentum. If we can breath some life back into it, still sounds like a good idea. I know there are more members in this area that I have seen post, but we do seem to be largely overshadowed by our northern brethren.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I won't be able to make this, June 26th, but wish I could... at Riley up by Terre Haute.

Top Bottom