• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Go against standard everyday laws, being a normal scumbag criminal and be released right away with a slap on the wrist at most, as the Left wants you out there creating chaos to disrupt society.

Go against the Left's moronic laws / institutions and they want you to have the death penalty that they supposedly don't believe in, regardless of how minor of an infraction it may be.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Swastikas really set off a lot of reaction, I wonder if it would have been the same if he had been writing the word "fags" on the crosswalk. Getting somebody out of a house when they don't want to come out might also be an automatic swat call. No idea how things work in Atlanta.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Getting somebody out of a house when they don't want to come out might also be an automatic swat call. No idea how things work in Atlanta.
    That would be my guess. From what I've seen sending in SWAT to break down his door in the middle of the night wasn't what was done. Officers went by to serve an arrest warrant and the guy refused to come out. Something similar happened in my town. Although in that case it was believed the guy was armed, no idea on this one.

When it happened here it was a "big deal", had the ISP SWAT mobile command unit, several businesses shut down, roads blocked, warnings announced on the local radio station...

No idea on what the guy was originally convicted of, but they were attempting to serve a warrant for an emergency probation revocation order. No idea on the reasons behind that either.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Swastikas really set off a lot of reaction, I wonder if it would have been the same if he had been writing the word "fags" on the crosswalk. Getting somebody out of a house when they don't want to come out might also be an automatic swat call. No idea how things work in Atlanta.
    So do rainbows, but I haven’t heard of SWAT being brought in for those painting rainbows.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So do rainbows, but I haven’t heard of SWAT being brought in for those painting rainbows.
    ^^^ This, a thousand times this!

I am SO sick of rules for thee, but not for me.

"THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution."​
    "Amendment I.​
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."​
    I am sorry if a swastika offends someone, but really use of law enforcement regarding such use absent some other actual crime simply reinforces the utter breakdown of due process and equal protection before the law.

I am sure some a** hat is going to claim the swastikas were a defacement of public property. Well sorry, but so was the LGTBQxyz rainbow! If the rainbow painters were not similarly attacked, then there is an obvious non-equality before the law. (kind of in line with Hillary and Hunter versus Trump and Stone, or those in the gulag for Jan. 6th)

There has been a metric **** ton of written garbage, signs, telecasts, and on and on and on which I found offensive and arguably criminal. Regardless, that is only my OPINION, and I recognize others Right to their freedom to speak as they wish barring direct unequivocal threats or statements which increase danger for others (i.e. the yelling fire in a crowded theater trope). If you don't understand this simple concept, you probably don't need your citizenship, move to communist China, I'm sure you will be happier there.

:ranton:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am sure some a** hat is going to claim the swastikas were a defacement of public property. Well sorry, but so was the LGTBQxyz rainbow! If the rainbow painters were not similarly attacked, then there is an obvious non-equality before the law.
    Another inequality is the rainbow was likely given a permit and other opinion, such as this are denied. Constitutionally if any speech is allowed in a public space, all speech is…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another inequality is the rainbow was likely given a permit and other opinion, such as this are denied. Constitutionally if any speech is allowed,all speech is…
    Im vaguely recalling some issues here in Indy a while back when the street murals post-Floyd were being painted, somebody asked for permission to do the same for something else not outwardly offensive but they were denied because it wouldnt have been appropriate. I dont recall what it was but I remember it was something most people on this board would have had no problem with.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    As usual, the left wants to stomp down on any speech that it disagrees with. They do not believe in freedom of speech, but only speech supporting leftist causes. If he painted graffiti, he should get the same treatment that others who paint graffiti get (e.g. small fine, or more likely nothing). But to persecute someone because of the content of their speech is anti-American. So if his offense if a felony, they need to be charging those with doing pro-leftist graffiti (e.g. BLM and other) with the same crime.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well this seems excessive…

I mean if the guy had just shot someone, he would have gotten in less trouble.

No offense but there's a bit of a gap in your reasoning (unless I misunderstood).

The SWAT team being called to assist with the apprehension of someone under arrest has zero to do with the crime itself. He could have walked out when asked, submitted to a lawful arrest and pled his case through the court. He instead chose to refuse to come out which is the sole reason for the SWAT team involvement. Run a stop sign, refuse to stop for an officer and barricade yourself in your home and you're subject to forceful extraction.

We either want laws enforced or we don't. Refusing to answer your door or come outside to face the consequences of your actions does not allow someone to ignore the law, any law, with impunity. We don't restrict our LEOs to only arresting those who want to be arrested, yet. If simply ignoring the law and law enforcement is all that is required to do whatever one wants things are going to get real interesting.

Of course, the dipshit could have just kept to himself rather than spreading his misery and hate.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Of course, the dipshit could have just kept to himself rather than spreading his misery and hate.

The message i want my community to send is not one of

"we support cause/group X and not cause/group Y",

but rather

"dipshits keep your misery and hate to yourself. We don't care who you love/hate, be civil in public."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The message i want my community to send is not one of

"we support cause/group X and not cause/group Y",

but rather

"dipshits keep your misery and hate to yourself. We don't care who you love/hate, be civil in public."
    I'm 100% behind you there. I've long since grown tired of hearing who I should feel sorry for on any given day. If someone's life is so meaningless and shallow that a rainbow painted sidewalk gives them reason for celebration and brings "meaning" to their life who am I to interfere? :)

Top Bottom