• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Maybe some forward progress. Another great reporter scouring the grapevine (generally live coverage) with a brief update:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Post 9/11, those of us in the LE, homeland security, anti-terrorism and emergency management realms were receiving fairly frequent memos about CI/KR (critical infrastructure/key resource) attacks, to which power substation attacks were included. They’ve been happening for decades, with a sporadic uptick after 9/11 until about 2003, then again with the Metcalf substation attack in 2013, which was thus far the most damaging and largest in size, although it didn’t have a significant impact on the grid.

The memos get updated as chatter resurfaces, but had been pretty quiet the last few years, without any chatter on the North Carolina attack. Given that there have now been two other attacks in South Carolina and Oregon, my spidey-senses are telling me that my first inclination disputing the drag show causation is on point. There’s always copy cats, but now my biggest concern (narrative-wise) is that these attacks are going to be (further) attributed to “right wing extremists.” Too much remains to be seen about actual suspects, but I’d lean towards green agenda activists or actual foreign actors.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it would be great cover for antifa types to wait patiently and attack after their friends do something the Right vehemently disagrees with.

E.g. the left organizes a bible burning party, and “coincidentally” somebody shoots up another substation. They get to break stuff and be anarchists and “we” get blamed.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    THIS. Mischief is "hey, I have an idea. Grab another beer and lets go over there and shoot up that power station. It will be fun. "
    Mischief might also be "Wow, that was cool. lets do it again." And then they might hit the next closest substation as they encounter it.

But to hit multiples of only a certain size, skipping over others along the way seems premeditated to me.
    Now what we DONT know is motivation. It literally could be zealots in retaliation to the drag show, drunk rednecks, Antifa, or even the Russians. No idea who at this point.
    Russia, Russia, Russia :tinfoil:

Speaking seriously, though, I had a thought about Russia (China, N Korea, etc.) when this happened.

It seems it would be easier, cheaper, more effective, easier to deny, and overall less risky for any such actor to take down the US power grid, or large segments thereof, by a coordinated effort by a group of teams armed with nothing more than an SKS and a few full mags per man than to try to hit us with the oft-dreaded EMP.

Elements of the MSM have already shown how eager they are to pin such acts on "right wing extremists", so the bad actor would likely get the bonus points of further increasing the tyrannical tendencies of FedGov et al.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It seems it would be easier, cheaper, more effective, easier to deny, and overall less risky for any such actor to take down the US power grid, or large segments thereof, by a coordinated effort by a group of teams armed with nothing more than an SKS and a few full mags per man than to try to hit us with the oft-dreaded EMP.
    Throw in some arson to start uncontrolled forest fires, contaminate some water sources/streams, spread some contagion, distribute some highly addictive poisonous dope and maybe some strategic shortages of needed product imports, voila! War has started, we're behind and may not even know who we're fighting. It'd be hard to prevent and hard to identify the enemy, assuming we even recognize the connection of it all.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Throw in some arson to start uncontrolled forest fires, contaminate some water sources/streams, spread some contagion, distribute some highly addictive poisonous dope and maybe some strategic shortages of needed product imports, voila! War has started, we're behind and may not even know who we're fighting. It'd be hard to prevent and hard to identify the enemy, assuming we even recognize the connection of it all.
    Not to mention the ease of crossing our porous Southern border...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    picked up a kerosene heater last night

More warnings

Love how they buried the lede.

"Officials determined the letter was not credible"
    Of course had they titled it "power grid facilities get prank threat letters" nobody would click I guess.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Antifa TORCHED HOUSES, Attacked Government And Civilians, Charged With TERROR FINALLY​

Maybe I'm just cynical, but it feels like these clowns are only (finally) being punished because they are listening to us. They want to punish the right for the stuff the left has been doing and after enough backlash they are finally reluctantly punishing some of the left so that they can act like they are applying the law equitably.

If they were serious, there would have been charges sooner. And probably more of them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but it feels like these clowns are only (finally) being punished because they are listening to us. They want to punish the right for the stuff the left has been doing and after enough backlash they are finally reluctantly punishing some of the left so that they can act like they are applying the law equitably.

If they were serious, there would have been charges sooner. And probably more of them.
    Wasn't this crime recent?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Notice anything odd about that story?

Don’t you have to steal something to be a burglar?

So the next question… incompetent journalist, or covering Up something? Don’t want to admit it was a saboteur? are you only a vandal if you damage things outside?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Notice anything odd about that story?

Don’t you have to steal something to be a burglar?

So the next question… incompetent journalist, or covering Up something? Don’t want to admit it was a saboteur? are you only a vandal if you damage things outside?
    My guess would be copper.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Your response makes no sense. Did you not read the article?
    the “ burglars “ stole nothing and only vandalized.
    Sorry. You don't have to take anything to burgle. Taking something would be theft.

If they do take something it is usually copper.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Top Bottom