• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I did read about that... Someone who was very vocal on FB against the show posted that she "knew why it happened"
    I'm willing to bet her knowledge was along the lines of "God smote thy electrical demonry."

One media outlet reported that she was a former Army Psyop officer.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My son lives in Southern Pines in Moore County. He installed a whole-home backup generator a few years ago. he's gotten his money's worth out of it between tropical storms, ices storms and this. said schools are out until thursday at least.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    One media outlet reported that she was a former Army Psyop officer.

"However, at Sunday’s press conference, Sheriff Fields said that police have yet to find a connection between the substation attack and the drag show.

The theory was bolstered, in part, by a Facebook post from one of the far-right organizers who demonstrated outside of the “Downtown Diva” show on Saturday. Emily Rainey wrote “The power is out in Moore County and I know why,” less than an hour after outages were first reported.

Rainey is a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer who left the military while being investigated for leading a faction of people to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021, according to the Fayatteville Observer. She has been a vocal opponent of drag shows in North Carolina."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"However, at Sunday’s press conference, Sheriff Fields said that police have yet to find a connection between the substation attack and the drag show.

The theory was bolstered, in part, by a Facebook post from one of the far-right organizers who demonstrated outside of the “Downtown Diva” show on Saturday. Emily Rainey wrote “The power is out in Moore County and I know why,” less than an hour after outages were first reported.

Rainey is a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer who left the military while being investigated for leading a faction of people to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021, according to the Fayatteville Observer. She has been a vocal opponent of drag shows in North Carolina."
    My guess is post isn't a confession, but a hint to some bizarre theory that George Soros is behind it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My guess is post isn't a confession, but a hint to some bizarre theory that George Soros is behind it.
    Actually, an even more bizarre theory. According to her, apparently, Jesus is behind it.

:):

"Two hours after making her initial post, Rainey added that deputies from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office had questioned her.

“Sorry they wasted their time. I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters,” she wrote."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Actually, an even more bizarre theory. According to her, apparently, Jesus is behind it.

:):

"Two hours after making her initial post, Rainey added that deputies from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office had questioned her.

“Sorry they wasted their time. I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters,” she wrote."
    As a Christian, I distancing myself from her and her (probably) snake handling congregation.

-- or --

Pat Robertson approves of her comments.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    S2 Underground brings us a really good summation of the current state of affairs. 4 min to catch yourself up - not much new.
    The last 4min are more geared toward people in that area.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    S2 Underground brings us a really good summation of the current state of affairs. 4 min to catch yourself up - not much new.
    The last 4min are more geared toward people in that area.

I was going to post this last night, thanks for putting it up. If anything, this just goes to show the lengths that regular folks have to go just to have a semblance of normalcy if they are not prepared for emergency disruptions. A small modicum of personal preparedness in the way of storing food, water, medicine, personal supplies and a backup power source/generation is paramount these days.

Also a measure of concern is the government placed curfew. I'll have to dig up the letter, but affected restaurants and stores in the AO were shut down due to "safety concerns."

Reactions: Mij

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, that curfew seemed a bit premature IMO. Now if they were having active, repeat "summer of love" incidents, sure. Or they knew for a fact there was an active shooter moving around continuing ACTIVE attacks. But not for a one and done attack. Sure, they dont know at the time its one and done, but there was a point that they had to realize, "hey, they attacked 3 specific and identical sites in 15 minutes, but now all has been quiet for 3 hours."

Had it been one, after another, after another over the course of several hours? AND targets containing innocents? Maybe. But once again, maybe not. They had an obvious target; power. Its not like they were rolling around town shooting up bars and restaurants.

edited for clarity

Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think there's more than meets the eye with this one, and I don't think it has anything to do the drag show. Occam's razor leads me to be more concerned about the outages and their proximity and effect on Fort Bragg and the surrounding areas, including Southern Pines and Aberdeen, where a significant amount of Fort Bragg personnel live, including JSOC folks.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm still not convinced that this was anything more than malicious mischief.
    It may well turn out to be terrorism, but to date I've yet to see anything that says this was "a targeted attack".

O.k. so they broke down a fence to enter the compound.
    Several months ago someone, or several someone's broke into our local county school bus lot and took 6 school buses for joy rides.
    They did tens of thousands of dollars in damage to the buses and fencing.

I reserve judgement until I get more information, but the fact that the news reported "they certainly knew exactly what they were doing, and precisely what to shoot..." makes me take pause.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    To me, the distance between the two substations, the bypassing of smaller substations nearby and the number of rounds fired points to more than simple mischief.

It is interesting that they tore down the gates, instead of cutting, climbing or shooting through the fence from a distance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To me, the distance between the two substations, the bypassing of smaller substations nearby and the number of rounds fired points to more than simple mischief.

It is interesting that they tore down the gates, instead of cutting, climbing or shooting through the fence from a distance.
    THIS. Mischief is "hey, I have an idea. Grab another beer and lets go over there and shoot up that power station. It will be fun. "
    Mischief might also be "Wow, that was cool. lets do it again." And then they might hit the next closest substation as they encounter it.

But to hit multiples of only a certain size, skipping over others along the way seems premeditated to me.
    Now what we DONT know is motivation. It literally could be zealots in retaliation to the drag show, drunk rednecks, Antifa, or even the Russians. No idea who at this point.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Some interesting things in the article below. To me the most interesting were:

1. These types of incidents are up at least 75% over 2015 levels.
    2. Taking down less than 20 strategic substations would take down the entire U.S. power grid.
    3. The hardening of substations against this type of threat (i.e. small arms fire) would not cost in the billions, but rather several million dollars. Completely doable if anyone has the gumption to make it happen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Some interesting things in the article below. To me the most interesting were:

1. These types of incidents are up at least 75% over 2015 levels.
    2. Taking down less than 20 strategic substations would take down the entire U.S. power grid.
    3. The hardening of substations against this type of threat (i.e. small arms fire) would not cost in the billions, but rather several million dollars. Completely doable if anyone has the gumption to make it happen.

And using utility company math, It would only cost each household an additional $5/mo to fund it.

Top Bottom