• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JOY-GASM!

/. just hipped me to a website that will now enjoy pride of place right next to the Global Village Construction Set in my personal post-apocalyptic bookshelf/bookmarks.

It's gonna be a really hard task to not just copy-pasta the /. blurb right here, but essentially, the Survivor Library is to general scientific and technologic knowledge what the GVCS is to the machines necessary to use that knowledge. The GVCS is for rebuilding the engineering foundations of a technologicly advanced society. SL is for living in it. Now, I really need to buy a couple of new hard drives so I can torrent the SL's content.

Oh, and because I don't want to have to rely on the /. blurb, but can find it here, the blurber linked to this book: Henley's Formulas

Also, this video link (Which turns out to be NatGeo's American Blackout (2013)) and this video link (which turns out to be James Burke's Connections S01E01, entitled The Trigger Effect, which was largely about the New York blackout of 1965).

Browse SL
    SL's raison d'être

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Yes, I am torrenting it too. Still got a few days to go. Its really put a hammer on my seedbox account. Really curious to get my hands on all those books though.
    Only took me a couple days to download. It's spreading quickly, so there's lots of interest out there. Peers will be the best sources.

Does anyone have an estimate on the disk size of the library?
    ~118GB uncompressed on the current torrent. As new material is added and rehashed, it'll grow.
    Working on a compressed file at the moment. Since they're mostly PDFs, I'm hoping for a good reduction in size, in exchange for time spent decompressing later.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I think it would be great if we made a thread where we can source all of these sites together that INGO'ers have found. Once I get to a computer, I can link a few sites I've found like the one you posted

tc556guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I think it would be great if we made a thread where we can source all of these sites together that INGO'ers have found. Once I get to a computer, I can link a few sites I've found like the one you posted
    While I didn't draw solely from that site, I have a 200 gig collection of info thats been growing for 5 years now. I share copies of the collection with those willing to send a snail mail address

Top Bottom