• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    surviving urban disasters with les stroud(aka survivor man) is on the discovery science channel(ch. 193 for dish users) in 15 minutes. it is les showing you how to survive in rising flood waters and is well worth the watch.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Argh! I missed it, however this would make a good topic to discuss.

Let's use Katrina as the disaster and put ourselves in the place of the residents of say the lower 9th ward, our homes are flooded we have 5 minutes to grab stuff and bug out (on foot), what are the things that you grab within those 5 minutes?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    it actually used katrina as an example,plus they showed if you were trapped in your car and office. definitely a must see. I'll see if I can find if and when it's on again.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Gonna be a bug out bag thread! Seriously, the more you have pre-staged at the door every day the better!

My wife puts up with the worst... :):

Oh, I figure 1/2 of all serious gun nuts will die at home in an emergency mainly from not being able to leave any guns or ammo at home when they bug out. There are some choices that men cannot be asked to make.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I wonder if it is on HULU or anything like that?
    I have spent the last year cleaning up after the worst flood ever in Indiana. Now I know that I DO NOT live anywhere that will flood. If I am flooded then we are all gonna be swimming. (Barring total glacial meltdown, of course)

Now, Tornado's thats another story. (Keep a rescue bag tied down to a beam in the basement.!)

Top Bottom