• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I saw someone mention these when I was asking what’s the best parts to have on hand in case of emergency. GlockStore sells them for $60.

What’s everyone’s thought on these? I have a few different models of Glock so I’d probably have to get several.

Includes the following Glock Factory Parts:
    • Firing Pin Safety Plunger
    • Firing Pin Safety Plunger Spring
    • Recoil Spring
    • Firing Pin Spring
    • Firing Pin Spacer Sleeve
    • Firing Pin Channel Liner
    • Spring Cups
    • Magazine Release
    • Locking Block Pin (not included in G42/43 kits)
    • Trigger Pin
    • Trigger Housing Pin
    • Trigger Spring
    • Glock Disassembly Tool
    • Zippered Bag

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've used glockstore for odds and ends also and have never had any issues. May end up picking up a survival kit. 60 bucks isnt bad I dont think. Wish they had a gen5 survival kit thought.

What common parts should people get if they arent going to buy the full kit?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I ordered a recoil spring from glockstore back in like October. I cancelled the order a week ago so they could refund me. Never again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Couple things...

It'll take a very long time for these parts to wear out with normal usage. Part of the convenience of of having multiple copies of the same generation is that you have a whole gun worth of extra parts. With that sort of backup, you could rest very comfortably for a few years. A recoil spring might be looked at first, but not anytime near purchase.

Some of those parts might be looked at earlier, considering upgrading. Maritime cups and polished plunger and spring come to mind. Then you have an extra part available.

If you are buying anything at a place that sells pins, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have and extra set in case of loss during or after cleaning.

I personally like Lonewolf or Ghost for aftermarket stuff.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It'll take a very long time for these parts to wear out with normal usage. Part of the convenience of of having multiple copies of the same generation is that you have a whole gun worth of extra parts. With that sort of backup, you could rest very comfortably for a few years. A recoil spring might be looked at first, but not anytime near purchase.
    Having multiples of one's preferred platform is always sound advice.

The need for backup recoil springs completely depends on how much you shoot. The average gun owner might go years without ever needing to replace recoil springs. For the guys that shoot thousands or even tens of thousands of rounds per year, they might replace multiple times in a single year.

I fall somewhere in the middle. I'd rather have a few extra recoil assemblies stashed away just for the convenience factor, especially in this current climate where everything is hard to find.

Top Bottom