• ...and so much more!
  • Eorrick

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I would think they could ask 1500 each and sell them quickly in todays market. What is the deal with the round it uses, is it now something not commonly used?
    Agree. They’re not going to sell for less than 1k each. I also think they’re going to sell out quickly as they did on other sites

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My friend's "fair to good" Winchester. $1,230.49 to his FFL.

IMG_1513.JPEG

IMG_1514.JPEG

There's a P there.
    IMG_1515.JPEG

IMG_1517.JPEG

IMG_1518.JPEG

IMG_1519.JPEG

IMG_1520.JPEG

IMG_1523.JPEG

IMG_1524.JPEG

After a basic cleaning, 15 yds offhand with Korean ammo.
    IMG_1512.jpg

He says the stock is very much the same as an Inland he's had for about 10 years. Trigger pull is 12+ lbs but may lighten up after a deep clean.

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Just ran across this, seems the Italians need the money. After selling off Breda Sniper Garands they are dumping some carbines.

John, I am interested in your opinion.

Do you like the M1 Carbine and .30 Carbine round?

Why/why not?

What is it/what are they good for?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    John, I am interested in your opinion.

Do you like the M1 Carbine and .30 Carbine round?

Why/why not?

What is it/what are they good for?
    I can't really say, my friend. I've never shot one. I know very well the ballistics of the round and understand the role the round (and the rifle) was designed for and it historically has been criticized for lacking performance in situations it wasn't intended for.

My interest in the carbine platform is because it is what my dad was issued in 1944 when he was sent to France attached to a Field Artillery Battalion running a M1 155mm gun.
    m2_155mm_england_ww2_700.jpg

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    I can't really say, my friend. I've never shot one. I know very well the ballistics of the round and understand the role the round (and the rifle) was designed for and it historically has been criticized for lacking performance in situations it wasn't intended for.

My interest in the carbine platform is because it is what my dad was issued in 1944 when he was sent to France attached to a Field Artillery Battalion running a M1 155mm gun.
    View attachment 144544
    My FIL was in artillery battalion 240th, Able Battery. I have a map marked with dates and shots fired from each of there positions. Most shots fired in one was position was 11,710 dated 11/24/44 to 12/24/44

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My FIL was in artillery battalion 240th, Able Battery. I have a map marked with dates and shots fired from each of there positions. Most shots fired in one was position was 11,710 dated 11/24/44 to 12/24/44
    Battery C 384th FAB 103rd Infantry Division Seventh Army
    Joe's # 1.jpg

Joe's # 2.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Indy John, thanks for sharing. These two brave men may have crossed paths.
    It is very interesting, they appear to have had the same job. I have some pretty detailed documentation of my dad's travels when he was 'over there'. A gentleman that was in the 103rd published an after action book. They made port in Marseille and marched north to the Rhineland. In the winter of '44 - '45. Brave indeed.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was at our clubs military match shooting my m1 garand, and telling the other shooters about the midway carbines, and that I couldn’t see buying one sight unseen, and that they sold out in 3 hours, one of the guys said he had one that he might be interested in selling, I gave him my number expecting never to hear from him again.

the next Friday I got a text with some pictures, and he said he’d take 1200, it was a 6-44 inland, it had a wood stock that is a Italian replacement (it’s got a star and fat stamp) adjustable sight, push button safety and is a mixmaster, I looked all over and didn’t see an import stamp, so I bought it (he did throw in a mag unlike midway!) a fired a few through it to make sure it went bang (a friend gave me some ammo and another mag)

on Sunday I pulled the stock off and wiped it down, and there under the rear sight was a import mark gfcc co sac, my google search informed me that was the mark of “Old Sacramento armory” and they imported carbines from Israel in the 70’s and 80’s!

how cool is that! My carbine could have been used in the pacific and the 6 day war!

I wanted a carbine without import marks, but if I had to have one, I think a company that brought it from Israel makes it pretty cool!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was at our clubs military match shooting my m1 garand, and telling the other shooters about the midway carbines, and that I couldn’t see buying one sight unseen, and that they sold out in 3 hours, one of the guys said he had one that he might be interested in selling, I gave him my number expecting never to hear from him again.

the next Friday I got a text with some pictures, and he said he’d take 1200, it was a 6-44 inland, it had a wood stock that is a Italian replacement (it’s got a star and fat stamp) adjustable sight, push button safety and is a mixmaster, I looked all over and didn’t see an import stamp, so I bought it (he did throw in a mag unlike midway!) a fired a few through it to make sure it went bang (a friend gave me some ammo and another mag)

on Sunday I pulled the stock off and wiped it down, and there under the rear sight was a import mark gfcc co sac, my google search informed me that was the mark of “Old Sacramento armory” and they imported carbines from Israel in the 70’s and 80’s!

how cool is that! My carbine could have been used in the pacific and the 6 day war!

I wanted a carbine without import marks, but if I had to have one, I think a company that brought it from Israel makes it pretty cool!
    Very cool! I've got an Israeli Mauser (converted to 7.62 NATO) and always thought that it was kinda neat and ironic that Israel was given, and used former Nazi rifles.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

What?

No pics?

Top Bottom