Supreme Court West Virginia V. EPA could end Alphabet Soup Agencies!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Dear EPA,

20170522_23FTdiesel_driversw-1.jpg
    I saw a diesel Ram truck just like this one. It had a sticker on the back window that read, "I'm burning all the gas you're saving".

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The real question for the lawyers is how does this effect things like the ATF making s*** up as they go along
    This should cover it.

Gorsuch: “Under that doctrine’s terms, admin agencies must be able to point to ‘clear congressional authorization’ when they claim the power to make decisions of vast ‘economic and political significance.’”

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The real question for the lawyers is how does this effect things like the ATF making s*** up as they go along

First thing that come to my mind.

Wonder when smart legal minds will weigh in on this?

Lotta legit hardware out there that is subject to question, at the whim of the ATF.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is this the win I think it is?

The Exec branch has a long history of making rules for anything it couldn't get via the Legislative branch.

I just saw an article yesterday that said that Biden officials already planned to work around whatever decision the Supremes handed down. FJB! :xmad:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    First thing that come to my mind.

Wonder when smart legal minds will weigh in on this?

Lotta legit hardware out there that is subject to question, at the whim of the ATF.

Guy will be discussing this next segment on his radio show...

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Some discussion of this (~20 min):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll be curious to see how much this changes the directions of big power generators. I remember when Trump was elected you would have thought they would have shelved all the global warming plans, but I think they saw his administration as just a speed bump on the government 5 lane green brick road. Maybe things will be different now as dramatically increasing rates is going to push more industry, like aluminum, off shore. That's not a good thing.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Some discussion of this (~20 min):
    Bipartisan my ass. 2 leftist praising each other and the Paris climate accords,while claiming the court can not determine climate policy. I mean the Trump bashing alone should have been a clue. True the court can not make policy,but they sure as hell can decide elected officials and not unelected bureaucrats can. Neither of them said a single thing the democrat party or mainstream media has not already said.
    We get it,they are pissed elected people got back a little bit of control.

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Bipartisan my ass. 2 leftist praising each other and the Paris climate accords,while claiming the court can not determine climate policy.
    [...]
    We get it,they are pissed elected people got back a little bit of control.
    I agree, but think there's some light in there. While they say things like "it's not the end of the world" regarding climate policy, they also acknowledge that this was a starting blow towards reducing Chevron deference. I think it's rather incoherent that liberals talk about those "ideologue conservatives" while the left-leaning judges do or don't like deference depending on the politics of the case. As far as the 3 liberal justices go, when it comes to the BATFE, trust the ATF... when it comes to USCIS and an immigrant, don't trust the gov. At least Gorsuch is consistent in the grand scheme. It's very nice to see the SCOTUS walking back blind deference towards gov agencies. Very nice.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well it took democrats almost an entire week to try something to bypass the court.

"One week after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency could not regulate carbon dioxide emissions from power plants because the agency lacks congressional authorization to do so, the Biden Department of Transportation (DOT) proposed a rule targeting CO2 emissions from highway vehicles, for which DOT also has no legal authority."

"DOT’s Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is proposing a rule that would require states and municipalities to “track and reduce greenhouse-gas emissions on their highways.” In keeping with a regulatory tradition that is as longstanding as it is misleading, DOT assures the public that the “carbon reduction program” contained in the rule will be “flexible,” allowing state DOTs and metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) to “set their own targets.” That flexibility quickly disappears, however, when the DOT adds that the declining targets must “align” with the Biden administration’s “net-zero targets” as outlined in two executive orders and commitments made at the International Leaders Climate Summit."***snip rest at link

Top Bottom