Supreme Court West Virginia V. EPA could end Alphabet Soup Agencies!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'll be curious to see how much this changes the directions of big power generators. I remember when Trump was elected you would have thought they would have shelved all the global warming plans, but I think they saw his administration as just a speed bump on the government 5 lane green brick road. Maybe things will be different now as dramatically increasing rates is going to push more industry, like aluminum, off shore. That's not a good thing.
    Au contraire! If a government's fondest desire is to bring about the decline and fall of America, than pushing basic, critical defense industries offshore is a feature and not a bug

They want China/America to be a rerun of America/Japan in the 30s

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

From their discussion, I found the following interesting:
    • The WV majority opinion doesn't mention Chevron,
    • The two guests suggest that the lower courts are likely to continue with Chevron (perhaps less with the DC circuit),
    • Apparently a (very small) sample of recent briefs have already decreased the use of the Chevron when in oral arguments in recent years,
    • Current/recent SCOTUS seems to be slightly tighter towards agencies, but probably not likely to jump back to non-delegation doctrines of a century ago (specifically the more moderate conservatives like Roberts/Alito/Kavanaugh), and
    • There's still an issue of bad statutory discretion leading to Chevron questions.

Top Bottom