• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    I am aware of the $200 stamp fee for a suppressor. Besides that what transfer fees have others experienced. Normally it’s $25 to $40 bucks to transfer a hand gun. Got a call today about a month after I submitted the info for the form 1 or 4 and the dealer wants to charge me $125 transfer fee and another $25 because it’s an o Rugged Obsidian 45? Seems a little pricy to me? Any one else willing to share their costs?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Buying my suppressors I have paid for the $200 tax stamp and $30 (same as for any firearm) for the form 4473.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have seen ~$100 transfer fees paid to the LGS before. The extra $25 because it's a certain can seems a little odd to me.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I am aware of the $200 stamp fee for a suppressor. Besides that what transfer fees have others experienced. Normally it’s $25 to $40 bucks to transfer a hand gun. Got a call today about a month after I submitted the info for the form 1 or 4 and the dealer wants to charge me $125 transfer fee and another $25 because it’s an o Rugged Obsidian 45? Seems a little pricy to me? Any one else willing to share their costs?
    The extra fee for that particular can is likely because the dealer has that can in stock.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Parabellum in Avon is a Silencershop dealer. Anything you buy online from Silencershop.com can be transferred through Parabellum with no fee. If you want to buy a can elsewhere and transfer it in, they charge $75 for NFA transfers. They also allow you to shoot your silencer at their indoor range while you wait for ATF approval.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    I know you did not like his presentation but he does have a point about working out the details before you buy.
    This is my first suppressor and there is a learning curve. I’m fortunate in that my job and position in life affords me the luxury of not worrying about money, but with that said I’m a tight ass. If everyone else said hay that’s the normal fee I would have paid it already. Seems to me that $150 is at least double what others have paid and I appreciate everyone’s contribution to the thread. But I have an issue with some anonymous keyboard warrior like him rattling uncalled for BS off on a message board that he would never say to me or anyone else face to face.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @US1882 - @KLB's comment was right in point. Your situation and his comment will hopefully be useful to someone else down the road and prevent them having the same experience.

If you come here looking for advice/guidance you will not get gentle, you get undiluted opinions from the kind of folks who write it the same way they would say it to your face.

Sorry about your situation. Hope you enjoy the suppressor when you get it.

Would you care to share the name of the shop you are dealing with?

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    @US1882 - @KLB's comment was right in point. Your situation and his comment will hopefully be useful to someone else down the road and prevent them having the same experience.

If you come here looking for advice/guidance you will not get gentle, you get undiluted opinions from the kind of folks who write it the same way they would say it to your face.

Sorry about your situation. Hope you enjoy the suppressor when you get it.

Would you care to share the name of the shop you are dealing with?
    I haven’t settled up with them yet. Probably early next week. I’m going to take some of this info and see why they are so high. Once it’s resolved I may.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    If you're going to form 3 an item to an FFL it's good etiquette to talk to them first. It allows you to 1.) see if they have the item in stock or through a distributor 2.) discuss fees involved and 3.) let them know to expect a forms/a suppressor.
    If you haven't started the form 4 yet you can probably get it re-form 3'd to another dealer, but don't expect that to be free.
    If I had to guess the $125 fee is probably just an unreasonably high fee and the $25 fee is because he has the suppressor and is charging you for not buying from him.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Parabellum in Avon is a Silencershop dealer. Anything you buy online from Silencershop.com can be transferred through Parabellum with no fee. If you want to buy a can elsewhere and transfer it in, they charge $75 for NFA transfers. They also allow you to shoot your silencer at their indoor range while you wait for ATF approval.
    They will prefer you but from them though. Silencershop dealers can generally make a better deal ftf than online.

Top Bottom