• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    So any feedback on the process to acquire a silencer. Looking into grabbing one but wasn’t sure about the process. And what are some reputable cans on the market.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Well couple questions

1. What's your budget? What are you willing to spend per can? Also remember to budget in $200 for the tax stamp per suppressor.

2. What application are you looking to use it for? 22, centerfired pistol, centerfired rifle? Maybe on a class 3 weapon like a sub gun or select fire rifle? There are cans that are rated for full auto and cans that are not. There are also modular suppressors that you can change the length of which also changes the level of suppression.

3. Are you looking for a suppressor that is caliber specific or a multi caliber can? A multi- caliber can could be a suppressor like the Liberty Mystic X which is rated for 62 different calibers. Or like the Yankee Hill resonator which is rated for multiple calibers. Although some cans say they are for 308 Caliber you can shoot different calibers through most cans as long as it's rated for that. My first suppressor was a sealed AAC eco9 that I had jail broke so that I could clean the baffles after I shoot 22 through it. Eventually it'll go down to Liberty and I'll have them build me a titanium baffle stack for it.

4. When you are factoring in your budget factor in this - mounts and accessories. If you're going to be moving the can from gun to gun you're going to need mounts on each weapon- especially if we're talking about anything like a center-fired rifle or a pistol caliber carbine. For use on centerfire pistols you will need a piston and a booster assembly to help with cycling.

Top Bottom