• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I have been unimpressed with my nextbelt. Their customer service is great, but I would rather not have to make warranty claims. I found that they do their job well, but break down within half a year.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I don't know about styling (fashion) needs but a simple 1.5" nylon belt from Propper via my local army surplus store works great (for me) and is inexpensive. I'm not really a fan of the notch type belts because I often find one notch is too tight and the next is too loose. They come in various colors and lengths and you can always cut down from larger size and singe the end to seal the end. Of course how you cut down/singe the end can effect its look if you don't take care doing it. I'm looking at "ratchet" type belts but haven't taken the plunge.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have found at the festivals in Indiana quite often have dealer selling solid leather belts. The ones I have purchased are about 1 3/8" in height and last an extremely long time. I have one belt I bet I bought 25 years ago. I wear a Glock 19 with a full magazine, and it carries it very well. Bought another belt this fall (old ones have shown wear and don't look as nice) and it was close to $25. A great deal considering what they are asking for a belt at box store.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The tricky bit here might be how much of a fashion compromise any particular lady is willing to make for a solid gun belt. While the Daltech SuperBio belt is an excellent value with good service life, it's not necessarily the most fashionable belt out there. But, I'm a guy, so it works fine for me.

Generally, 1.5" wide is pretty standard. Optimally, the width of one's belt is matched to the width of ones mounting system (i.e. loops, clips, etc.). Sometimes you'll see "dressier" belts that are the full width, from say 1 to 11 o'clock (around the sides and back), and are tapered down to a narrower, dressier width in the front were they're visible when using an open cover garment. I've not used any of the tapered belts, however, so can't say how well that approach works.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    For width, I'd say check the loops on the jeans and get the widest that will fit the smallest you own or at least plan to carry while wearing. From my understanding women's jeans usually have shorter loops than men's.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Another 2 votes for daltech. My wife has one and uses it for carry. I just got one for myself. For the last 6 years or so I used a bigfoot steel lined belt. Fantastic belt but the over .25" thickness was troublesome with some belt loops and my phone clip.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    What are best types of belts (width, material ect) for a lady to wear (with jeans) for an appendix carry firearm?
    More info perhaps? I know you said jeans, but are we talking winter carry? Also what is her style? Casual, or hooded sweatshirt? I can tell you that my wife uses a Nylon 511 belt it’s two layers thick and has held up really well.

it works well for her, although honest she always wears something that covers it none the less style and color matter.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'd look at NextBelts. Width is personal preference.

MY personal preference is 1" thick at a minimum.
    ^^^This^^^

I’ve used a lot of belts and recently went to Next Belt. It is one of the best made user/waist friendly one out there. Can be easily adjusted with one hand and it’s very sturdy and the perfect construction for comfortable casual wear while carrying a handgun

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

If you get the measurements correct it's an awesome belt, really nice for appendix as there is no buckle to get in the way. I wear their "normal" belts and love them myself. No internal stiffener needed unless you are carrying a government model.

Top Bottom