• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    There's no need to even mess with the "insert" option, at least if you're posting from a computer and not a phone. Right click the pic you want to post, select Copy, go to where you want to put it here, right click and select Paste. Easier peasier. :):
    I can no longer edit my opening post or I would add this to the section about inserting pictures into the ads. Thanks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can no longer edit my opening post or I would add this to the section about inserting pictures into the ads. Thanks.
    This new site software really has made things a lot easier. No need to host your pictures on a website and copy/paste the URL for each pic. I love it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This new site software really has made things a lot easier. No need to host your pictures on a website and copy/paste the URL for each pic. I love it.
    Thats my beef with members that are just not caring enough for others that they present their goods in a proper manner.
    It used to be a primary bitch that it was just "To Hard" to post a pic.
    Now its to easy and they still miss the mark.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There's no need to even mess with the "insert" option, at least if you're posting from a computer and not a phone. Right click the pic you want to post, select Copy, go to where you want to put it here, right click and select Paste. Easier peasier.

This might be where my issues posting pics come from. My pics nearly all come directly from my phone, where the pics are taken and live.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This might be where my issues posting pics come from. My pics nearly all come directly from my phone, where the pics are taken and live.
    I'm no help there. If I take a pic on my phone, I have to email it to myself where I access it from my computer and do all of my INGO stuff. I'd have no clue how to do it on the phone. I should probably have my 6 year old granddaughter show me how to use my phone. :lmfao:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I can only help with Android. When you select "Attach files" a dialog will pop up asking to choose an action. On my phone I choose files and it takes me to recent files. Screenshot_20210615-170100-515.png

Screenshot_20210615-170131.png

If the file is in that list I can pick it, if not I can get to my gallery by choosing the 3 bar menu on the top left of my files app and scrolling the list.

Screenshot_20210615-170414-227.png

I can pick an image from there.

Android varies greatly from device to device so that's just an attempt to get you pointed in the right direction.

BTW, I just typed this on my phone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks for the advice, folks. I do use Samsung/android. I'll weigh out how much extra steps and or learning a new app is worth vs having to edit my post after something went haywire.

I post a LOT of pics, beyond classifieds adds. Most are from my phone, but I do copy/paste with the PC from websites when a run into stuff you all need to see. ;)

I just tested the copy/paste from both Google and Amazon photos. That works also.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Little heads up to the Glock challenged buyers out there. The caliber of the gun is stamped on the same side of the slide as the model.

It's the side of the gun facing up, as its laying in the factory case. Typically, this is in a picture listed in the add...

View attachment 143856

Ahh, I understand now. That is a .45 caliber Glock because I clearly see it says 45. :D

Another tip I would add is to leave the selling price in the ad after it is sold. Even update the price if you sold it for less than it was listed for. Looking back at previous sales can be a big help when wanting to know what to price your item at.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ahh, I understand now. That is a .45 caliber Glock because I clearly see it says 45. :D

Now you're on to. Keep after it, you'll get there...
    ;)

Another tip I would add is to leave the selling price in the ad after it is sold. Even update the price if you sold it for less than it was listed for. Looking back at previous sales can be a big help when wanting to know what to price your item at.
    Very good point that has to be rough on the mods.

A handfull of folks think that it's OK to strip their adds of text and pics when they are done with it. Doesn't help the rest of us trying to gage the market, for our own add pricing.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    A handfull of folks think that it's OK to strip their adds of text and pics when they are done with it. Doesn't help the rest of us trying to gage the market, for our own add pricing.
    Removing the price is covered by rule 8:

8. Close your thread once your item sells. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.
    Steps to close your ad: While viewing your thread, click ADMINISTRATIVE (top of the thread). Be sure CLOSE THREAD is checked, and click PROCEED to close your ad. Any ad marked SPF longer than 14 days will be treated as sold.

On the old forum software I would remove most of the pictures because the storage limit was lower if you uploaded directly to the forum.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Removing the price is covered by rule 8:

8. Close your thread once your item sells. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.
    Steps to close your ad: While viewing your thread, click ADMINISTRATIVE (top of the thread). Be sure CLOSE THREAD is checked, and click PROCEED to close your ad. Any ad marked SPF longer than 14 days will be treated as sold.

On the old forum software I would remove most of the pictures because the storage limit was lower if you uploaded directly to the forum.
    Thanks Marvin, I'm aware of the rule, but it still gets done on occasion. I'm hoping this thread might educate the "culprits."

I don't really care for being the tattle tail any more than I have too. Sometimes I can hear the mod's eyes rolling for some of the reporting I do. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very good point that has to be rough on the mods.

There is a very clear rule (#8 I think) that states to leave the ad content and close it.

Tex is reviewing the ideas in this thread. As time allows and the staff discusses it there may be some changes.

Be aware....I am seriously pushing for full size pics and properly oriented and no toilets for crap sake. WTH are you people thinking. I do not want to see your crapper or your feet. Take a minute. Orient the gun for a good clear pic cause if you dont the mouse gonna getcha.....:nono:

Top Bottom