• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    OK, I'll be the Karen. Marvin02 put a lot of work into this and did a great job. It's going to be permanently pinned as an informative post to assist with posting in the classifieds. I don't see the need to trash it up with nonsense?
    That is not fair. I put a lot of time and research into the post about Crown Royal...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, I'll be the Karen. Marvin02 put a lot of work into this and did a great job. It's going to be permanently pinned as an informative post to assist with posting in the classifieds. I don't see the need to trash it up with nonsense?
    Agreed!

Plenty of threads out there titled so to be a trash bin. Go ahead and play in those if you want, but let's keep pertinent threads pertinent. Especially something this important.

:twocents:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow, I'm slow enough today that I got in after the thread drifted out to sea!

Marvin, nice post. There were some things I didn't know one could do. I haven't sold since the new site and was wondering how people were altering the thread title. That's cool.

Oh, and Glock sellers are notorious for not putting the caliber in the post. I know, I was told that if I don't know the caliber of a Glock 67, then I must not be in the market. Whatever. Post the caliber.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When you don't post details you limit your market to those who know your item. I know that I am am always looking to try new things. We have other users who also do that (looking at you @doddg). At least post enough details that I can easily research your item.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Oh, and Glock sellers are notorious for not putting the caliber in the post. I know, I was told that if I don't know the caliber of a Glock 67, then I must not be in the market. Whatever. Post the caliber.
    There is formula somewhere to compute the caliber of a Glock from the model #. I believe it's in the same safe as the formula for original Coke.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Little heads up to the Glock challenged buyers out there. The caliber of the gun is stamped on the same side of the slide as the model.

It's the side of the gun facing up, as its laying in the factory case. Typically, this is in a picture listed in the add...

1623711738146.png

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Little heads up to the Glock challenged buyers out there. The caliber of the gun is stamped on the same side of the slide as the model.

It's the side of the gun facing up, as its laying in the factory case. Typically, this is in a picture listed in the add...

View attachment 143856
    Well this is only visible if...like you....the member actually clicks on "INSERT' and selects "FULL IMAGE"
    Come on people step up and put a full size pic in your ad. I swear this is driving me nuts. Its up to the seller to present the item for sale not the buyer opening the tinypic and waiting for the not full size image. Step up peoples. We have made this far to easy for you. People moaned and complained about posting pics with the old VB format and now they are to lazy to use what we have given them.....:faint:

"FULL SIZE PICS PEOPLE"

I pointed this thread out to the boss. He likes some of the ideas in here.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Well this is only visible if...like you....the member actually clicks on "INSERT' and selects "FULL IMAGE"
    Come on people step up and put a full size pic in your ad. I swear this is driving me nuts. Its up to the seller to present the item for sale not the buyer opening the tinypic and waiting for the not full size image. Step up peoples. We have made this far to easy for you. People moaned and complained about posting pics with the old VB format and now they are to lazy to use what we have given them.....:faint:

"FULL SIZE PICS PEOPLE"

I have to admit, I quickly lose patience and interest in items that have pictures that take forever to load.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

"FULL SIZE PICS PEOPLE"

I totally agree. Those little images are a PIA and take way too long to load.

I have went back and edited my posts numerous times when pic posting somehow came out wrong. My fault? Maybe, dunno, sometimes pretty sure not?

Wonder if there is a way to turn off the forum insert image option to make the only option full size?

Again, maybe I'm an idiot, but sometimes it seems destined to have to go back and edit the photo insert. Just now I posted a very cool photo in another thread, twice. I didn't post it twice, but there it is. No choice but to go back and fix it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I totally agree. Those little images are a PIA and take way too long to load.

I have went back and edited my posts numerous times when pic posting somehow came out wrong. My fault? Maybe, dunno, sometimes pretty sure not?

Wonder if there is a way to turn off the forum insert image option to make the only option full size?

Again, maybe I'm an idiot, but sometimes it seems destined to have to go back and edit the photo insert. Just now I posted a very cool photo in another thread, twice. I didn't post it twice, but there it is. No choice but to go back and fix it.
    I or CKW have never experienced an issue putting an image in a post at full size.
    Not at all saying you have not because this is all make believe in here. Things glitch and sometimes go sideways.
    Selecting insert and then full size in the little pic always works at least for me.
    On multiple select insert multiple listed below the pics.
    Then select all.
    Then full image.
    Bingo easy peasy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There's no need to even mess with the "insert" option, at least if you're posting from a computer and not a phone. Right click the pic you want to post, select Copy, go to where you want to put it here, right click and select Paste. Easier peasier. :):

Top Bottom