• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    This will be in two posts since You can only add ten pics in each post.

This will have a bunch of pics.

Read the classified section rules, there is a link to them in every classifieds section. Here is one:

Put your ad in the proper sub-forum:

Sections 01.jpg

At the top of each sub-forum is a form to start a new thread. Each classified ad is a separate thread in the forum structure.
    New Thread form 01.jpg

Pick a prefix - it's required by the rules and will open other options.

Prefix 01.jpg Prefix 02.jpg

Once you pick a prefix the form will expand.

Expanded form 01.jpg

Enter a detailed thread title. This is what people see when they view the listing- you want to grab their attention and reach the people who may be intereested in your item.

You do not need to repeat "For Sale" or "For Trade" in the title, the prefix takes care of this for you.

I prefer selection more options and using the full editor.
    More Options 01.jpg

Adding Pics

Get your pictures ready before starting to post your ad.

Make a folder on your PC (or other device) and put the pics you want to use in that folder. This makes them easy to find when you get ready to attach them.

On your PC you can simply drag and drop the pictures into the body of your ad. Once your picture is in the body you can select it with your cursor and then grab any corner to resize the pic.

Resize Pic 01.jpg

Clicking on the attach files button will open a dialog box. Navigate to the folder you created with your pics you want to use and you can select them all at once. The limit is ten pictures to a post.

The pics will appear as thumbnails below the edit box.

Each uploaded pic has an "Insert" button on it. Put your cursor where you want the pic inserted in your ad, click on the button and then choose to insert a thumbnail or full image. Pictures are inserted at the position of the cursor in the edit box. You can insert pics one at a time or insert multiple pics at once. Once a picture is in the post body you can select it with your cursor and resize by grabbing a corner.

Insert Multiple 01.jpg Insert Pic 01.jpg Insert Pic 02.jpg

When creating your ad make sure that you follow the rules:

Here is what is required by the rules:

Below is a template you can use to place your ad:
    WHAT:
    DESCRIPTION: (caliber, mags, ammo, scratches, etc)
    PRICE:
    TRADES:

Details

Put as much detail and as many pictures into your ad as it takes to convey exactly what you are selling and your terms.

Keep all of the information in the original post, so if you add information or change the price edit the main post. You can also put the info into one of your bump posts, but putting all of the details in the first post will make your ad clearer and easier to follow.

There's no need to even mess with the "insert" option, at least if you're posting from a computer and not a phone. Right click the pic you want to post, select Copy, go to where you want to put it here, right click and select Paste. Easier peasier. :):

Last edited by a moderator:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Managing your ad

After you are done creating your ad and have post thread button you still need to manage your ad.

I suggest that you lock your thread using the lock thread button. Lock Thread 01.jpg

You can unlock your thread for each allowed bump (every 24 hours) or to edit the main post.

Lock Thread 02.jpg

When you have a sale or trade pending you should edit the thread title to reflect this. Some use SPF (Sold Pending Funds) or SPM (Sold Pending Meet) to indiacate a pending deal. You can also just put "Deal Pending". You may still get messages about an item with a pending deal, but that just means you have a fall back if the deal doesn't complete. (thanks @bwframe for reminding me of this detail.

You can also change the ad prefix by selecting "Edit Thread". If you want to add trade interests for example.

When your item is sold edit the thread title to reflect this using the same method.

Unlock the thread
    Select the 3 dot menu
    Select "Edit Threada"
    Edit the thread title by adding "SOLD"

Edit Thread 01.jpg

Unlocking the thread and selecting "Edit Thread" allows you to edit the thread title and prefix.

Unlocking the thread and selecting edit at the bottom of your post allows you to edit the post body. You can add pictures or change the details in the post with the edit function at the bottom of the post. You must "Edit Thread" to change the title or prefix.

Remember - you can edit your post in between the 24 hour bumps. If you get a question about your item you can add the answer without bumping the thread by editing your original ad. This may also head off other messages with the same question. Other things you can do is modify your terms or add pictures. For instance you are selling a samll part and you keep getting asked about shipping it. You can add your answer to the original post using the edit function without bumping the thread.

Edit - additional stuff from down thread and from other threads in the forum. Added here to consolidate. Thanks to all who made useful comments

1. Make sure your pictures are properly oriented. This is why you prepared the pictures first, right?
    2. Frame your pictures so that your item is clearly visible. Crop out extra stuff, like your socks. Be careful what you leave in your picture, especially if you state "as pictured" or similar.
    3. Don't assume that folks looking at your ad will know what a Acme Blaster is and that it only came in one caliber. Details please, the more the better.
    4. Putting your location in the title could be useful, especially if you aren't wiling to travel for a meet.
    5. Suggested: One item per ad (this is my pet peeve). Especially when there is one thing that doesn't move quickly. I'm talking about larger ticket items, not small stuff with this suggestion.

Disclaimer: Some of this post is my opinion not forum rule. Like the thread title says this is suggestions and tips. The pictures in this post are screen captures on a Windows PC running Win10 using Firefox, your screen may look different on your computer or device, but the same functions exist. On some mobile browsers you may have to request the desktop site.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    That’s great and all. But 50 posts?!?
    Really - You just want to turn every thread into your personal BS? If that was an attempt at humor - well it wasn't.

I linked to the classified rules - which addresses the 50 posts/site supported status needed to access the classifieds.

There is actually a thread for you to post your whining about the rule:

Disclaimer: I am not the owner/operator of this forum I am not a mod. I do not have any control over the rules/requirements to post in the classifieds. If you don't like the rule I linked to a thread where you can spill at will.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Settle down sally. There’s already links to everything you’ve provided. You gathered it in one place. Great. They did a lot of work when they reformatted the forum, all of that’s already in one place. You posted in the break room... an area known for humor and topics that aren’t “serious”. Don’t get bent out of shape because I posted the typical noob comment about having to write 50 posts.

Drink a coffee. Holy ****

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Settle down sally. There’s already links to everything you’ve provided. You gathered it in one place. Great. They did a lot of work when they reformatted the forum, all of that’s already in one place. You posted in the break room... an area known for humor and topics that aren’t “serious”. Don’t get bent out of shape because I posted the typical noob comment about having to write 50 posts.

Drink a coffee. Holy ****
    OK now my 2cents

Everything he listed we still have to deal with every day. So yeah scream it from the roof tops. People not posting a pic we can see so we have to load it up. Not cool. "Insert" was put there to help not ignore.
    Clock the pic so we can see it with out a gymnastics move ok. I have seen better pics of your cats posted up. Take a minute and do it right.

You know I like you brother but until you sit in this chair you may want to drink a cup of :coffee: and just play along at home OK.....

Any one else want to shoot some snark in here.......??????

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This should be a sticky... also please keep your feet/toilets out of the pictures and orient them correctly.
    I agree, UNLESS, you are selling shoes or a toilet. Selling a gun and a toilet as a package deal? What about the "WTT gun in a fish tank for a toilet and a pair of shoes" scenario? Stranger things have happened.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good work Marvin!

SPF stands for Sold Pending Funds. I see this used a lot and use it myself. ~SPF~

I have picked up a few items, PM'ing the seller that I'd take the item, if something fell through with the original taker.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Any one else want to shoot some snark in here.......??????
    2602064jg061ntmnw.jpg

(Couldnt resist... My oldest is on a "your mom" kick. Its rubbing off)

But serious, we cant have too many tutorials on proper classies etiquette.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah, I do! Oh wait... I was thinking of snipes, not snark. Nevermind. I thought "snark" was what harelip kids yelled when they saw one of these...

View attachment 143721
    So, is there some specific reason you chose a photo of a Great WHITE shark or does racism just come naturally to you?

For the love of all that is holy if I have to put that in purple you should really seek out the nearest liquor store and learn how to make a great margarita!:buddies:

Top Bottom