• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Worse than the “lifetime permit is going” away myth. As others have said, cycling springs is what causes wear, which most people will never cycle their mags enough to experience wear. Compressed vs uncompresses is of no consequence to springs integrity or longevity.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ugh. Steel case is for the poors. You don’t wanna be in with the poors, do you?
    call me a peasant... (that’s what they call the Kalashnikov isn’t it? “A peasant’s gun”??)
    10 year olds in the Congo won't argue with you. They seem to be able to use them effectively.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Many are loaded while many are not. Most of mine are USGI aluminum mags but there are several Magpul mags in the mix too. I have M1 enblocs loaded from the 50-60’s that have always worked fine too.

dw.watts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Kokomo
    The only mags I don’t keep loaded are the ones in the range bag that are pretty much specifically for…yep, you guessed it…the range.

SpaceManNR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2021
    Indiana
    Mags for pistol in my closet safe: loaded
    Mags for a rifle in my basement safe: loaded
    Mags for carry gun: loaded

The rest stay unloaded. I will load those when I get to the range and know what I’m going to be shooting in them that day.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Is there any fear that the constant pressure from being stored loaded will deform the feed lips on aluminum magazines?
    Not really on the aluminum, stainless mags, of lancer plastic mags that have metal feed lips. There were some issues with early pmags, but they've got that worked out now and the Magpul M3 has now become the military mag after passing all the testing done and apparently did exceptionally well throughout it.

Top Bottom