• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    So I asked a few weeks ago about opinions about this one. Didn’t get any replies before buying. My son took “his“ 20 ga Weatherby SA-08 back to school to shoot clays with his buds. This left me needing a 20 ga in the safe. I wanted to replace the Weatherby but couldn’t find one. I found the Stoeger available online at Sportsman Warehouse so I placed an order and 10 days later picked it up at the Ft. Wayne store.

I stripped the gun and cleaned off all the packing gunk. The gun is inertia driven so no gas system and is supposed to be cleaner running. The magazine tube and spring were covered in a heavy packing grease so needed to be cleaned off and the bolt/receiver were also heavy with an oil. After assembling and shouldering, it seemed like I needed more drop in the stock so I replaced the factory shim with a lower drop and right hand cant. The gun then came up my eye better. The gun is really light at about 5 1/2 lbs. The trigger was better than I expected -the trigger broke easily with the weight of the gun. It’s not gritty. 1DA0A9C2-5C8D-4AE0-BA8F-F921C26A6162.jpeg

Went to Deer Creek in Three Oaks Michigan today to break it in at the sporting clays course. Put 100 rounds through with 50 rounds of Winchester xpert steel at 1325 FPS, 25 rounds of Federal Field&Target at 1200 FPS and finally 25 rounds of 3” Fiocchi Golden Pheasant at 1200 FPS. Every round went bang and while I didn’t keep score I was happy with the results. Ejection of spent hulls was crazy at several feet and all in a pile making policing empties easy.

Cleaning when I got back was easy and other than normal gunk the gun was really clean.

The gun came with 3 extended chokes IC, Mod, and a Full. Also included were 4 shims with a left or right cant depending on how you turn them. I paid $570’ish for the gun, more than I‘d like but was able to find it so I pulled the trigger.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Very nice. I was trying to find a Stoeger M3000 when I got my first shotgun last year and ended up with a Weatherby SA-08. From everything I've read about the Stoegers the 20 gauges run real well.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    Looks/sounds good to me. I like the contrast between the walnut and different metal finishes.

I hope it serves you well. I’d love to see another report down the road, after it’s seen some more rounds!

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    So I asked a few weeks ago about opinions about this one. Didn’t get any replies before buying. My son took “his“ 20 ga Weatherby SA-08 back to school to shoot clays with his buds. This left me needing a 20 ga in the safe. I wanted to replace the Weatherby but couldn’t find one. I found the Stoeger available online at Sportsman Warehouse so I placed an order and 10 days later picked it up at the Ft. Wayne store.

I stripped the gun and cleaned off all the packing gunk. The gun is inertia driven so no gas system and is supposed to be cleaner running. The magazine tube and spring were covered in a heavy packing grease so needed to be cleaned off and the bolt/receiver were also heavy with an oil. After assembling and shouldering, it seemed like I needed more drop in the stock so I replaced the factory shim with a lower drop and right hand cant. The gun then came up my eye better. The gun is really light at about 5 1/2 lbs. The trigger was better than I expected -the trigger broke easily with the weight of the gun. It’s not gritty. View attachment 122281

Went to Deer Creek in Three Oaks Michigan today to break it in at the sporting clays course. Put 100 rounds through with 50 rounds of Winchester xpert steel at 1325 FPS, 25 rounds of Federal Field&Target at 1200 FPS and finally 25 rounds of 3” Fiocchi Golden Pheasant at 1200 FPS. Every round went bang and while I didn’t keep score I was happy with the results. Ejection of spent hulls was crazy at several feet and all in a pile making policing empties easy.

Cleaning when I got back was easy and other than normal gunk the gun was really clean.

The gun came with 3 extended chokes IC, Mod, and a Full. Also included were 4 shims with a left or right cant depending on how you turn them. I paid $570’ish for the gun, more than I‘d like but was able to find it so I pulled the trigger.
    That’s a good looking gun!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom