• ...and so much more!
  • Wfulton

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Carmel
    Does anyone know of a good reputable stipple company in the area looking to have a Glock 19 undercut and stippled.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does anyone know of a good reputable stipple company in the area looking to have a Glock 19 undercut and stippled.

Don't do it. You'll kill the resale value. Nobody will want that gun after being messed with like that. Even a "professional" job is altering the thinest grip that Glock could possibly get away with.

Talon grips, if you must. My advice is to train to shoot that pistol in the stock configuration.

Don't know what model you are speaking of, but Gen 5's have an "improved" grip texture.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I do my own as I have smaller hand and sometimes do mods to make a grip fit me better...or to help give a grip a little bit more 'adhesive' when in the grip, but only to those pistols that I believe I will keep for the rest of my life as stippling can change how people view its value if you ever try to sell it, some may like it, others not. Keeping in mind that 'beauty' is in the eye of the beholder and what you might like as far as looks can be a complete turn-off to someone else!

Here are a couple of examples from over the past 5+ years of DYI grip work...I've tried a few other stippling effects but have settled on the light tree bark as my personal favorite, both from an aesthetic viewpoint as well as for being comfortable while in the grip.

Here is a Glock 48 grip with a light tree-bark stipple on it and a softening of the lower edge of the trigger guard against 'Glock Knuckle'.
    HyaLWa5.jpg

Gen II early 3-Pin Glock 19 with just a supplemental (around the edges) light tree-bark stipple with the edge of the trigger guard knocked down slightly and the front rounded...which you can see.
    bAVh9xk.jpg

Here is the first pistol I ever did...a Gen II Glock 23 with the grip shortened to accept Glock 27 magazines with a light tree bark stipple and a rounded trigger guard.
    A6iBBZu.jpg

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I did my gen3 G19 myself with a Dremel and solder iron from Walmart. I knew I was never going to part with this particular pistol. So I did it myself to save money. I didn't care what it looked like and wanted it for functionality. Used the Dremel to smooth down the rear factory stipples and the sides. Then did a Wilson Combat starburst pattern. Doing a stipple job does hurt the resale value so keep that in mind. This particular pistol sits in a holster in a kitchen cabinet at all times for quick access by the wife if I'm not home 20221210_084150.jpg 20221210_084200.jpg 20221210_084221.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Don't do it. You'll kill the resale value. Nobody will want that gun after being messed with like that. Even a "professional" job is altering the thinest grip that Glock could possibly get away with.

Talon grips, if you must. My advice is to train to shoot that pistol in the stock configuration.

Don't know what model you are speaking of, but Gen 5's have an "improved" grip texture.

I’ll disagree here, somewhat. A professional job won’t necessarily “kill” resale, but it may reduce the pool of interested buyers like any custom work will and you may not recoup the cost of the stipple job should you sell it, but the ability to sell it will still be there. You’ll just have to find buyers who like the texture and pattern of stippling enough to buy it from you. Crappy work, on the other hand, bery well may reduce value. So in my eyes stippling is a “depends” modification when it comes to resale.

But do consider whether this is a gun you plan to keep “for the duration.” Good tippling isn’t usually cheap, so if you think you’ll sell the gun any time soon, figure out if you can accept losing 50-75% of the cost of the stipple job. If you can’t accept that, try Talon grips first as those are a solid suggestion. If you are willing to accept the loss, go for it. IMO, a good stipple job is a functional upgrade that can immensely improve your abilities with a handgun, and can be money very well spent. But only you can decide that.

As for somewhere local? I have no clue, lol. There are several places around the country I could suggest, but I don’t know anyone truly local. Finding a good stipple place is like finding a good tattoo artist, IMO. Vet their work several times over, because it’s not cheap and it’s tough (or impossible) to change afterwards!

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Don't do it. You'll kill the resale value. Nobody will want that gun after being messed with like that.
    I've heard that argument a thousand times before, and from as many people...

It's good advice... if you live your entire life making decisions based on the resale value of your property.
    Gee I wonder what the resale value is gonna be of this bowl of cereal I'm eating right now... Poop makes good fertilizer... lol.

OK, all kidding aside, I know there are a lot of people out there who are "collectors"... I'm just not one of them.
    When I buy something (anything) I buy it based on my needs at the time. That's my only concern.
    Say I bought a Glock. (because I have)
    Say it cost me $450.
    My only concern is that it be worth that... to me... at that moment.
    Is there one I like better? Is there one with more features for less? Is there one that fits my hand better? Can I afford it?

If I have to alter it to suit my needs, then that's all I'm worried about.
    MY needs.
    After all, I bought it for ME... not the next owner.
    If I keep it for a long time, great.
    If I end up selling, or trading it off, well... then I had what I needed... at the time... and maybe somebody can bargain me down a bit if I'm in a hurry to sell.
    I'm not a man of means, (I live on VA disability) but I also live for myself, not the next guy.

You need to decide for yourself what is more important to YOU. Everybody is different.
    Having exactly the firearm you want now, or getting a better return should you sell it later.
    You do you.

Here's mine, (not stipple, but same concept of modification) with my home done, butcher job, double undercut.
    Just took me a few minutes with a Dremel to ruin this pistols resale value forever. (Of course I also added night sights)
    Old photo by the way. That little bur on the bottom is gone now. (Hey, first try)
    However, it fits me a lot better now, and as a result, I can shoot it faster, and more accurately.

Glock 45 with TRL7.JPG

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Let's just go ahead and put your stippled/undercut Glocks up for sale in the classifieds.

Hopefully, none were so heavily altered that the pistol's integrity have been compromised. How does even a professional know exactly where to stop with the soldering iron or dremel?

If they end up selling at all, let us see what they actually do sell for...

Glock will come out with a Gen 6 one day. They will be innovative and great. Or maybe you'll decide you must try an MOS version to try optics?

You will eventually want a new one of some sort, so don't kill your stock pistol for the next guy with unrecoverable "customizations."

:twocents:

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Let's just go ahead and put your stippled/undercut Glocks up for sale in the classifieds.

Hopefully, none were so heavily altered that the pistol's integrity have been compromised. How does even a professional know exactly where to stop with the soldering iron or dremel?

Glock will come out with a Gen 6 one day. They will be innovative and great. Or maybe you'll decide you must try an MOS version to try optics?

You will eventually want a new one of some sort, so don't kill your stock pistol for the next guy with unrecoverable "customizations."

The grip is thicker than you think. And the rate at which it melts to make the imprint doesn't happen in milliseconds. It's definitely a tedious task and someone with ADHD probably isn't the best person to sit down and try their hand at it. It takes more effort than you think to go through the grip with the iron. You don't have to be SUPER careful but you can't just go hamfisting it either.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette

Don’t take it so personally when someone disagrees with you, lol. If people lived by this thought process, NOBODY would be altering their firearms, cars, motorcycles, houses, airplanes, or Jazzy Chairs, lol. Don’t think stippling is for you? Great, then don’t do it. But for someone else who didn’t ask if they SHOULD stipple their gun but instead asked WHERE to get it stippled, maybe respecting their decision and providing information pertinent to the discussion would stop thread derailments like this…

OP, you wanna stipple and undercut your Glock? Go for it. The likes of BlownDeadline, Boresight Solutions, Rocket City Stippling, Langdon Tactical Technologies, Juliet Tango Customs, and countless others have proven themselves to provide quality hand and laser cut stippling and grip mods to hundreds of thousands of happy customers. Look in to one of them if local smith of your liking doesn’t surface. Like with ANY modification from aftermarket sights to triggers, to grip mods, you won’t see a full return on it if you sell it. But if it’s done right and it helps you shoot better while you own it, it’s a worthwhile expenditure IMO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don’t take it so personally when someone disagrees with you, lol. If people lived by this thought process, NOBODY would be altering their firearms, cars, motorcycles, houses, airplanes, or Jazzy Chairs, lol. Don’t think stippling is for you? Great, then don’t do it. But for someone else who didn’t ask if they SHOULD stipple their gun but instead asked WHERE to get it stippled, maybe respecting their decision and providing information pertinent to the discussion would stop thread derailments like this…

Why thank you for that sage advice new guy! I'll take it into consideration. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom