• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yep I bought a few and canned everything else except my serpa for range work. They are excellent and cheap.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They work OK for what they are. Basically a pocket holster, but can be used sparingly with a good belt. Better then Mexican Carry, not a replacement for a good holster. I have they work well with Velcro in a purse or bag. Also works as a place to put a gun while moving it around. They are cheap and serve a purpose.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Probably should start a new thread but let's see what happens. I think I want something for my pistol when I need to leave it in my car. Instead of tossing it somewhere without the holster, I would like to put it in some kind of sticky holster.

Or I need to get some paddle clips for my Bravo holster so I can easily remove the entire rig when I have to leave it behind.

Have any of you any experience with Sticky brand? I had one. It served its purpose which was not to actually wear it but as a way to somewhat protect the trigger guard when I was laying it down or putting it in something like my range bag.

Really what Vert is describing will be my use for it.

What about Remora? They currently have a sale.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I carried this Bianchi for a long time until my eyes just wouldn't work with the Browning sights.

Attachments

• bianchi.jpg
      bianchi.jpg
      240.5 KB · Views: 4

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I carried this Bianchi for a long time until my eyes just wouldn't work with the Browning sights.
    Like the worn in look. Just for clarification, I won't be using this for carrying. More of a protector when I'm not carrying in my regular holster.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    FWIW, I have several remoras for similar uses mentioned. They don't slide, more of a pocket holster or for a little protection in a bag and keeps the trigger covered. I like them, especially for smaller guns.

No experience with Sticky brand.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Personally, if I'm going to leave a pistol in the car it needs to be picked up in a safe that can be attached to something solid like the frame rails of the seat.

I use something similar to this, only mine uses a key instead of a combination lock. I have it under the driver's seat in case I need to use it.

That's not bad. I may get one of those too for just the vehicle. The holster will work well for other times/places.

Last edited:

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    Probably should start a new thread but let's see what happens. I think I want something for my pistol when I need to leave it in my car. Instead of tossing it somewhere without the holster, I would like to put it in some kind of sticky holster.

Or I need to get some paddle clips for my Bravo holster so I can easily remove the entire rig when I have to leave it behind.

Have any of you any experience with Sticky brand? I had one. It served its purpose which was not to actually wear it but as a way to somewhat protect the trigger guard when I was laying it down or putting it in something like my range bag.

Really what Vert is describing will be my use for it.

What about Remora? They currently have a sale.
    Remora I like better than sticky for 3 reasons. 1 doesn't attract dirt and gunk as bad as the sticky 2. Still holds well with a GOOD belt. 3. The magazine carrier size fits an NAA mini magnum really well.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For what it's worth, I have found I can run with it, if the gun isn't too heavy, and you have a sufficiently-tight pair of running briefs and can position the holster between your skin and that inner garment (speaking of summertime when wearing shorts as an outer garment). You can feel it, but it's not annoying, and doesn't leave any kind of rash or bruise. Mind your gun maintenance, of course, since you will be exposing it to salt. And for winter, when I'm running with an outer layer of tights instead of shorts, it can go between the layers, which is even better.

Something with a clip is still better, but this will work.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I'm a bit of a holster snob, nothing but high quality leather for me, but I tried one after the store I worked at started selling them and my attitude has changed some. I use one occasionally for IWB carry of an XDS-9. The gun stays put and it is fairly comfortable over a period of a few hours. My wife uses on for her Shield. Her gun has a Techna Clip on it and she finds the Stiky Holster adds extra stability and a measure of sweat protection for the gun.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I used one for a LCP 380 I carried for a little while. It did OK. It had the tendency to lose its "stick" though. Especially if I wasn't super carefully drawing.

Top Bottom