• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I believe That was amended last year. And is no longer a crime in Tennessee. At one time though the signs had to be a certain size to be/carry legal weight
    According to LegalHeat, the last amendment to TN firearms laws was in 2021. Also, they claim no weapons signs are valid.

Last edited:

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law? “YES”

(a) (1) Except as provided in § 39-17-1313, an individual, corporation, business entity, or local, state or federal government entity or agent thereof is authorized to: (A) Prohibit the possession of weapons by any person who is at a meeting conducted by, or on property owned, operated, or managed or under the control of the individual, corporation, business entity, or government entity; or (B) Restrict the possession of weapons by any person who is at a meeting conducted by, or on property owned, operated, or managed or under the control of the individual, corporation, business entity, or government entity by allowing a handgun to be carried in a concealed manner only by persons authorized to carry a handgun pursuant to § 39-17-1351 or § 39-17- 1366. (2) The prohibition in subdivision (a)(1) shall apply to any person who is authorized to carry a firearm by authority of § 39-17-1351 or § 39-17-1366.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The USCCA Reciprocity app is awesome for figuring out what states honor other states and basic laws for each state.
    the site handgunlaw.us is pretty simple too. You just click on your state and it'll highlight on the map for you.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    friggin IL, it's the place I travel to the most and I wish I was one of those guys who didn't care but whatever. I don't need some rookie cop trying to make a point.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Illinois is a communist state headed by that big fat boy Pritzker. He and his Democrat cronies should concentrate on stopping crime in Chicago by preemptively going after gangbangers and known criminals and arresting them and locking them up. Also do away with that sanctuary city BS in Chiraq. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    should concentrate on stopping crime in Chicago by preemptively going after gangbangers and known criminals and arresting them
    imo, yeah they hide a democrat gun ban effort behind "we're trying to save the city". This is 2024, it's Chicago and they have massive resources, they could handle the gang problem and leave legal gun owners alone.

MA was pretty damn restrictive then banned stuff
    IL did the same

I'm never leaving IN unless I go to TN or KY or something like that. I'll probably retire down there anyhow with it being nicer in the winter months.

triggerhammer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2023
    Michigan City
    Per the Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Act, 430 ILCS 66/40 (e), in connection with IL firearm transport by non-residents, I recommend reading and saving the attached statute excerpt. Incidentally, there is no stipulation that the firearm needs to be unloaded. Also, you can legally exit the vehicle with the gun for the limited purpose of storing it in or retrieving from the rear compartment (trunk). But I recommend exercising all due caution.

Attachments

• 430 ILCS 66-40e IL non-resident transport.pdf
      52.7 KB · Views: 4
    Top Bottom