• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Haven't gotten an email yet, but deer reduction hunt results for the state parks are available on dnr's website. Got skunked on the draw last year, happy to get drawn for an early and late this time around. Good luck to all.
    Thanks for posting this.
    I didn't know that the results were available yet.
    Went and checked, and I was selected for the late hunt in Prophets Town state Park.
    :rockwoot:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Thanks for posting this.
    Went and checked, and I was selected for the late hunt in Prophets Town state Park.
    Congrats. Hunted there for years back when it was still private farm ground. What tool is that, Blk. Powder? Shotgun? Bow?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Thanks for posting this.
    Congrats! I've hunted there a couple times and it was by far my favorite of the three parks I've hunted.

Ken_P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2022
    Anderson, IN
    No luck on the draw this year. I've hunted Brown County & Muscatatuck (muzzleloader) and harvested deer in the first hour. Good luck to those that were selected!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Are handguns o.k. for use during state Park hunts?
    I read through the rules in the link sent me and all it says is that firearms legal for hunting deer on public land in Indiana are legal for Prophet's Town state Park, but doesn't mention handguns.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well handguns are a legal weapon for deer so unless it’s stated not to I don’t see why not. I’m guessing you could call ISP and ask to talk to a C O and ask to make sure. Just my thoughts.

The on line hunting regs. are pretty comprehensive.

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How did everybody do on the state park hunts this week? I was drawn for the late Pokagon hunt. I have hunted to place twice time 1 lots of deer and shots. time 2 my shot at noon and the first deer to be checked of 3.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I was at Shades for the first hunt. With 140 others. I did have foot traffic roll by. I got a doe. Friend got a buck. I would go again and plan just a little different after having done it once.

I said in another thread, 2022 Deer Season, (with picture) I also killed a big ol buck. I gave it to the guy I saw shooting at it and several others. It was a mercy killing by the time it got to me. I just woukdn't have felt good about taking it home. The other guys assured me they were gonna take it home. That deer wasn't wasted. Can't say for sure what happened to the other deer with holes in them.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Thankfully they laid off of Versailles park this year. I own and live on a small( app 40 acre) farm,that along with the non hunting neighbors 60 acres is bordered on three sides by VSP. On these properties are food plots,tons of white oak and app.15 acres of soybeans. I have seen 2 fawns in daylight since opening day of gun season. I have one 5 acre field on my property that 30 years ago I counted 41 deer in at one time after dark. There hasn't been a deer killed off of these properties in over 20 years.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom