• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think Dave Ramsey might get upset with Patience if he were to buy one of these in the near future.
    Dave doesn't even know me.
    But if I buy one, I'll sell enough guns to cash flow it. Thinking of having kind of a fire sale a re-aligning my self defense arsenal around Sig P320 handguns. Trying to figure out if they're available in .357 Sig or 10mm

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    But if I buy one, I'll sell enough guns to cash flow it. Thinking of having kind of a fire sale a re-aligning my self defense arsenal around Sig P320 handguns. Trying to figure out if they're available in .357 Sig or 10mm
    Do like myself some Sig P320's. Got a few stacked up.

Not sure when we'll see some of those x-tens make it to the masses.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

05f3353cc0f1ca13c3242177d5e87deb.gif

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Badger Creek Firearms in Mooresville IN is the first dealer in the country to receive one of the new Standard MFG Woodsman .22 LR pistols. This version has the mag release behind the trigger on the left side instead of at the bottom of the magazine. MSRP has not yet been determined so we do not have a price yet. The serial number is W5 and the gun is butter smooth with a great trigger. No creep at all. This one is CC and blue. This gun will be offered in all blue, CC and blue and CC and blue engraved. There is talk of releasing a left handed version soon. The smudges are fingerprints from checking it out. This new model is getting close to being offered for sale. W5 is not going to be sold.

View attachment 201167 View attachment 201168
    Going to ask a stupid question, I have never had occasion to see a case hardened one in the wild, but none the less is the finish smooth? Is it less prone to wear?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    That makes sense then if you don't even have dealer cost! I'm not surprised there isn't pricing yet, this one would be very difficult. You can still get nice Colts in the 600's, to NIB one's for 1100 or less, they're not rare, there's a lot of them out there. It's going to be a bit of a tight rope, if it's too much those that like this style will just get an actual Colt. The reason a reproduction will sell is if it's cheaper than the original that someone can't afford. I love Woodsman's, it was the first handgun I ever shot. This sample looks great, I wish them luck.
    I could be in the market for something like this, and it does indeed look very nice. But it's not an original and has zero collector appeal. That means it's a "shooter."

For a "shooter," I am not going to pay that coin for a non-original gun, when I can find something for 3/4 that price which came from the original Hi Standard factory, has a serial number history, and some character to it.

It would have to be "well" below that MSRP to get me to bite.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I've had shot this little shooter, I've placed an order for a blue one. I have owned no less than 3 Colt Woodsman and a Huntsman, Not to mention 2 Smith & Wesson 41's and countless High Standard target pistols. BELIEVE ME! I would sell a Colt Woodsman Match Target if I had too, to own one of these. The fit and finish has no equal. Show me "clocked" hand fitted screws on a Colt. Out of the box the S.M. 1911 makes an average shooter look good. I own no less than than 8 Standard Manufacturing firearms. Everyone of them are worth the money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We can both shoot the one @patience0830 buys.

If, and I am sure it will be, this offering is built to the quality of their 1911s, $1000 plus is fair pricing. I'd love to have one of their blued 1911's (minus the rollmarks on the slide,please)....Mr. Churchmouse had a couple of their 1911s and I was thoroughly impressed.
    Shorty is a long time and a trusted friend. He is up front with everything he does.

Top Bottom