• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    No one but influencers have them, current wait time is 6~ months i believe. My Staccato P was the same price and worth every dime, if this ends up running I am ditching my P365x for one.

I still have not confirmed it but I believe the CS uses its own magazines, they finally shortened the tube for 9mm only now instead of 9mm/ 38 Super like the P, C2 and XC guns use.

DustEm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    IN
    They are very nice guns. But they can be finickey. Back a few years ago when Sticcato was known as STI, they built a lot of competition guns. Any major competitor would have their guns gone though and tuned their pistol and mags on first purchase or any replacement component. Now I've personally never had any issues with my DVC limited, but a lot of people would recommend against them as a duty gun back in those days. Now as for today, maybe Staccato has finally fine tuned their guns enough to be as reliable as my sig p226 perhaps, but I doubt it. They are tight tolerance smooth running guns who need to be custom fitted.

A lot of people compare them to a finely tuned sports car vs a Toyota carolla. One just works and will run forever. The other runs but needs love and attention to keep running prime. Just depends what you want.

DustEm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    IN
    Probably not. Bull Armory makes some nice guns too, but they fall into the same category as Staccato. I'd say its the platform as a whole the 1911 & 2011 highly benefits from custom fitting parts etc. If your heart is on a duty 2011, Stacatto is probably the way to go. My goal was jut to inform you of the platform limitations. When you shoot one it will be like butter. I will repeat they are nice guns.

thomas7391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Greenfield
    I’ve put 600 rds through my Staccato P and not one issue. The recoil management and accuracy of this gun is too good to be true. I agree with what Dean said I’d sell every ccw gun I have and run the CS and never think twice about it. You just have to treat them nicely. That means cleaning a little more, making sure they’re not dry when you ahoot them, not jamming the mag in the well as hard as possible, and very importantly not slamming the slide forward with not round in it. Other than that they’re hard to beat

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have the C2 and just picked up the P. I have had zero issues with the C2 at all and now carry it. The older STI 2011’s needed attention but they were primarily race guns. Do your own research on the Staccato offerings like I did. As for me, I’ll wait until it’s been run for awhile.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    To answer your question highly doubtful there is any personal experience with the CS here. As Dean said, they are not really out yet. I have heard shipments to those who have already ordered are imminent. No idea how big the back order is. I love my C2, but probably won't be a Beta tester for the CS as there are some differences between it and the rest of the line that may require some "fine tuning" before it is ready for prime time. I am hoping there is less of this than there has been for Sig, and Springfield and pretty much anyone when they release a new line.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    To answer your question highly doubtful there is any personal experience with the CS here. As Dean said, they are not really out yet. I have heard shipments to those who have already ordered are imminent. No idea how big the back order is. I love my C2, but probably won't be a Beta tester for the CS as there are some differences between it and the rest of the line that may require some "fine tuning" before it is ready for prime time. I am hoping there is less of this than there has been for Sig, and Springfield and pretty much anyone when they release a new line.

Yes 100% agree , they changed the formula just a bit too much and have not really been very forthcoming about what the changes are. Plus we all know sub 4.25 inch 1911's can be finicky. I honestly want hands on one to disassemble and compare against my P.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Toured through the Nighthawk facility a few year ago and they told me that they didn't like to build the small guns.. Quote from one of the builders there was "they either run or they don't" because the window to eject the case and reload a fresh round gets smaller and timing more critical as the pistol gets smaller.
    I would love to have one to play with but don't think I would consider it for my EDC.

cstoltie

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    So the Staccato CS looks amazing but holy smokes, $2500? Any personal experiences out there with it?

View attachment 251458
    My CS arrives tomorrow. I was one of the few that was able to order ahead of the actual release date. I currently own a C and a C2. I will gladly share my thoughts on how it shoots and carries. Already have the holster, optics plate and a Holosun EPS Carey 2MOA green ready to mount.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Is there another 2011 style 9mm out there with better reliability suited for carry?
    A lot of buzz around the Oracle Arms 2311, but they likely won’t be in stock until ‘24

Sounds like they hope to have demo models to dealers this year sometime though :dunno:

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yes 100% agree , they changed the formula just a bit too much and have not really been very forthcoming about what the changes are. Plus we all know sub 4.25 inch 1911's can be finicky. I honestly want hands on one to disassemble and compare against my P.

I am no 1911 expert but that backs up my experience with my Colt officer's model. It is super finnicky compared to a cheap ria full size that will feed anything.

cstoltie

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    No range time yet, but should have between 300-500 rounds down the pipe by this weekend. Amazing feel in the hand and the fit and function is very impressive.

Attachments

• 06C4ECFB-C015-40BC-A01E-B4D6C3B23283.jpeg
      06C4ECFB-C015-40BC-A01E-B4D6C3B23283.jpeg
      917 KB · Views: 27
    • AFDEDE42-9DC7-4EAD-A19D-F382766354F5.jpeg
      AFDEDE42-9DC7-4EAD-A19D-F382766354F5.jpeg
      944.1 KB · Views: 26
    • C7619161-E01F-4EF5-BD87-A6BB8208294B.jpeg
      C7619161-E01F-4EF5-BD87-A6BB8208294B.jpeg
      557.1 KB · Views: 28
    • 83D8E217-0A41-4264-9381-801D2C764321.jpeg
      83D8E217-0A41-4264-9381-801D2C764321.jpeg
      429 KB · Views: 28

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had my Staccato P for 7 months. Multiple range trips and 0 malfunctions. I keep it lubed and clean. I think Staccato has found the sweet spot for a 2011 for duty/personal protection. in my opinion the 2011 platform offers a platform that is a tad more accurate and manages recoil better than other platforms. bottom line is that I would take any and every advantage possible if I ever encounter a situation were I have to defend myself or my family. how much is that worth to you?. to me there is no price for that and you decide how much is that worth for you. there is nothing wrong with my G34 gen5 as I can shoot it pretty good but not as the same level as my Staccato. my tuned Toyota Avalon Touring has a better tuned suspension and overall drive quality and performance than my Accord V6. $10000.00 separates both and my Avalon beats the Accord every day of the week all thought the accord still a very nice car.

Top Bottom