Springfield Armory Model 2020 bolt action rifle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I just ran across this rifle. Has it been out long? Does anyone have one and would like to share your thoughts on it. I'm really interested in this rifle after looking it over on the website.

"With a weight as low as 6 lbs. 9 oz"

".75 MOA accuracy guarantee — for a three-shot group at 100 yards with quality match-grade factory ammunition"

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Interesting rifle. With today's barrels and the bullet quality that is readily available, 3/4 MOA should not be too hard to deliver. The price to get that accuracy is always the balance point.

I know that Thomson center introduced the Icon rifle some years ago, but I never saw any in person. I hope Springfield is able to market them.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Tagging for interest. I'm thinking about a bolt action. Have handled the Savage Axis, Mossberg Patriot and Ruger American. All of them left me wanting.

Of course the price point is much higher on these, I understand that.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Tagging for interest. I'm thinking about a bolt action. Have handled the Savage Axis, Mossberg Patriot and Ruger American. All of them left me wanting.

Of course the price point is much higher on these, I understand that.
    Yep but it's got I would say all the modern technology in it. With a scope and loaded it wouldn't be much more than 8.5lbs which would be a nice hunting rifle as well.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    They came out about a year ago. They released the top of the line models first and then the lower end models were to trickle out over the next few years.

From what I heard, mainly on podcasts, they are fantastic. Light weight and accurate. MSRP was $1700 or something like that.

Edit:
    Looks like it was October.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I handled one at Premier Arms a few weeks ago. It was incredibly light and I was impressed. Action felt nice and overall it seemed like a great option.
    Wasn't interested in purchasing it as I had no need and the gun and Leupold combo was about 2500 bucks.

It would be good for long hunts where you're humping up and down hills all day.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I’m hoping to hear some hands on reviews from non-professionals soon. Those paid to review the rifle loved it, but they’re paid to love it…

I would love a hunting rifle that could double as a precision rifle. I have both covered, but a Goldilocks rifle in the middle would be killer.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Tagging, the TFB YouTube video at Thunder Ranch was interesting but I don't really trust YouTube reviews.

I would love the idea of a lighter weight 1000 yard bolt gun and this is the right price point as a similar Daniel Defense bolt gun is around $1000~ more roughly for the same accuracy guarantee.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm also interested in this rifle... and have subscribed to this thread. I'm glad that you've revived the topic, DS ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom