Spring 2023 OPEN INGO SHOOT June 3rd @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I won't be able to make it because my daughter is getting married that weekend...

but it sounds like a "blast". :lmfao:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Our anniversary is the following day but I don't think we've made official plans yet... time to bribe the wife a little.
    Looking to make it out there and bring some friends.

PSOD

Probably on the toilet
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Owen/Clay county
    Don and Stephen have once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at their range to INGO for a FREE Open House Shoot on Saturday, June 3rd 2023 between 10AM and 4PM. (it's technically still Spring until the end of June)

For these Open Houses, Don allows stuff that most ranges don’t (for this event only), like Tannerite and even black powder artillery, as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. ProTEQ is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.

Important Note for 2023: Due to some non-INGO attendees not following rules last time, ProTEQ wanted me to make it clear that this event is just for INGO members and their families. I don't believe the troublemakers were connected with any of the regular INGO members that were attending (and I don't think they were INGO members), but lets just be careful so we can keep enjoying this fun tradition.

In the past, there have been issues with people using rifles in the pistol bays, causing damage (not during one of our events thankfully). So a reminder, the reactive bays are for PISTOL CALIBER WEAPONS ONLY.

How to get there:

Th12wn-3fFWkk2rWbgFwEHuxmR-EPU3pNYcojL2bCWRSce_nCwcuHRjmJ4fVYmcABclwocColZ1yPQlkuKMHQuDHGseH4JYZFtxtTrvJR6QwwaKQzmV7lyLvq_MP9qTbGdrI9dZxZwcQFIuRiB5qO2CfUdNExEVmTnrZpsodS33ecADp0DjiiwlskjWQjVTDXwU1NCBtIpeQjPD844OBrFE_2hRfUjWk11YB0d3eEQG7ivWwHjHiz0Iy628NUMA7sZSuNT_-PtMNcJN2HpWhTa0NW486wHvJqeLSS64Lkm0NioLRe8jSdWaHPaAD2uSnvC7X1JY21tOk80Xln2PloYL48LFMEGReDBc3VWyA-W7oqtG_ulIYZCch9w6s8vtdKLb09-s9hWgDdlw5Uq7dXMhb5AbvG-OF_o2f_8LntrCA79UOHpdsaXLYqhGJVOx5Easp--pj8wej6WKjlLNfe1BnOOmrbHLl5HNqWkn1Ti1rWVwc6bInR7a-hJyxnX5S2UYqVvsiS0lNCCt1inEbHao4zPGBsgsHuNxbScb9KMJV7Ls6ImzFigo7ijFgr10pC-clNFwFo2GGbgcyrbcff8dbrKVk76sEWKbRk1_0yWxUbf0cXSS1mZ9HZXn6L7VNIje4iCMG2gaoMgxgg5z4j_kR9xdCKcjTMkjcyvvnQQXDalFu17filuU2AmHtiNcJNZIpMdACkNnurQ0P9-ucffRyRA=w272-h68-no

ProTEQ is just north of Brazil, IN in the western part of the state.

Street address is:

3057 W County Rd 1200 N, Brazil, IN 47834

proteq.us

We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N.

ProTEQ Firearms Academy (see map below)

What to do?

• NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
    • We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150, just make sure you properly align them so you are impacting the berm and not shooting over it or skipping rounds over it)
    • There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    • There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.
    • There are several re-active target bays (formerly the CAS bays) with lots of steel targets, which is extremely fun. Ask me how I know this? :cool:

Here are the rules we are expected to follow:
    • You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only.
    • Participants of all ages are welcome, but those UNDER 18 must arrive and be supervised by an adult.
    • Legally owned Full Auto weapons or trigger assisted rapid fire weapons are allowed, though you may be restricted to the 360 range just beyond the 150 yard main range.
    • There is NO caliber limitation, BUT no Armor piercing or magnetic core projectiles are allowed.
    • MUZZLE control and berm impact hits are required meaning NO Targets placed on or near the ground that encourage skipping off the range floor are allowed.
    • Private targets must be within 6 foot of some berm base. Prone shooters MUST be addressing a target so that the bullet flight path (through or past) is INTO a berm.
    • Tannerite usage will be allowed under these limits
      • located at the base of the 150 yard berm
      • Ignited by rifle fire from the standard firing line ( 150 yards back)
      • NO more than 1 pound per target
      • NO metal, glass, concrete, or other hard walled container
      • NO packing of the Tannerite into mounds of dirt, rock, wood, etc. to create effect.
    • The LEAD ONLY projectile rule in the C.A.R. has been eased, but it is still suggested that frangible or lead projectiles are safest.
    • Food and drink are welcome, …BUT nothing Alcoholic – No Exceptions.
    General ranges rules are here.

Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Don has also provided several brass retrieval rollers and magnet sweepers (for steel cases). Please use them. Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesn't want large chunks, like 1/2 a clay or larger, left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles).
    Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.

Bring tables, chairs, and target stands, as well as anything YOU need for yourself. There are some permanent stands under the pistol canopy, and some out at the 150 line for rifle.

Personal Note:

I'm going to bring my 2" Whitworth cannon cannon again, unless something crazy happens. I know a few other INGOers have full size and scaled black powder artillery. I'd love to see if we can get a few more cannons out there, as well as any larger NFA items (like belt fed machine guns, mortars, etc). As long as you can hit the berm (which should be pretty hard to miss), Don and Stephen are good with it. They've had up to a 20mm Vulcan out there before, so our larger black powder guns are fine. So, if you got a cannon, bring it out. If we can get enough people to bring some guns, maybe we can come up with some interesting targets for them.

hxSvdnP8q_rc_EjXpXpKc8MNxJl8NG2uTu1CohmIO3KfoeaIa2LiIA_dpTisSw85Z6jZxcQz3BfabtkViD2pKiD4UCMSY5_FJLc7c13XbuOCtBabfALOO26lXY6zGc-xDc_sHJbu5427Cgz0maojsVTnr9pV_vT6-Qk9fbpAXhiG3jTiEn4ZfyYV0Q8Jvsfp1CiR12geIaHYCsGgSUNkNCyoo_cOXB_6RLs1VNqZYj4JOYvLoabm62MT4wJ-eNB5lDpsjqFRIClNief6dTA-mLLuwR9SxFk69jKQwnm5JShRY4XvpbmNpmvOqyMh2gkK4T7XUDwCWJe2i1exKNvsFgBgpOLyGBvFJr3IaxvEMbaSwJV0rmzH-1j4_INvkhjB3AEViLM78YMR_9x6tlEtVmkA4N4bXJUQJWRQyQcTWaWgZSPHO2Uxh2ojCKU61VrL0JWXqkw5DptUjfB0gariLGrH4P0HXZXPxIdiLYNyT9CvF_drO1uQoOg6vjdI7J4vrPb5BgPU-p4o0e_1vBKQHOWH4nu5_n--bpqiszLF4DcsKDw00RT34gaenQJAhy4wO7Xc9bpjSZslg-Qn0Uau5SgU71GLqH4ELFmJEYC3t-47RERYU7og2IKAKzW8S_ONLDu813k-4ziTvuPv9g-kYDtu3XlS5Mk3z-ZIONbdlD0=w875-h784-no

oh im 100000% in. i can bring my dueling tree and possibly some ballistic gel cubes for some fun penetration testing. sounds like a family fun event, awesome that don and stephen have opened their range to the group!

PSOD

Probably on the toilet
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Owen/Clay county
    If I'm still alive, and kickin' .... I'll be there. I've been to two of these open house events, and they're always fun. I greatly appreciate our hosts, the owners of ProTEQ !
    Hosting an event like this is super generous, its up to us to do all we can to be curious guests and highlight the best of INGO

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Important Note for 2023: Due to some non-INGO attendees not following rules last time, ProTEQ wanted me to make it clear that this event is just for INGO members and their families. I don't believe the troublemakers were connected with any of the regular INGO members that were attending (and I don't think they were INGO members), but lets just be careful so we can keep enjoying this fun tradition.
    I'd reach out to Stephen and suggest they add a INGO name column on the sign in sheet. If they dont know/dont have a name, thats a big red flag they shouldnt be there. If they had more than 1 bar in the valley I'd bring my laptop to search the blue room for them by email if they "forgot" their username. :rolleyes:

But we all know that if they cant remember it, they dont have one. I think one of the people we had trouble with last year "couldnt remember " his.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I’ve seen the waiver forms, but not an attendance list for the events. Maybe because I’ve gotten there early, before it’s been set out?
    I don't think it's exactly an attendance list specifically for the event; I believe it's the same sign-in sheet that you're always required to use when you go there. At least that's what it sounds like to me; I've been to Proteq several times, but not for the INGO shoot yet, so not 100% sure how they have it set up for that.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is it worth showing up to one of these to possibly meet some folks in person and possibly check out the place, etc?
    I'd probably bring some pistols in case I decide to shoot, but honestly, I generally don't like to shoot with a crowd around (lots of distraction, and keeping head on a swivel/Situational Awareness of others makes it interesting to concentrate on shooting). I've never been to Proteq and wouldn't mind checking it out.

Would be coming from Avon/Plainfield area so not incredibly far to go.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is it worth showing up to one of these to possibly meet some folks in person and possibly check out the place, etc?
    I'd probably bring some pistols in case I decide to shoot, but honestly, I generally don't like to shoot with a crowd around (lots of distraction, and keeping head on a swivel/Situational Awareness of others makes it interesting to concentrate on shooting). I've never been to Proteq and wouldn't mind checking it out.

Yeah come hang out. Its typically not crowded. Heck, half my time spent at these is standing around chatting.

There are lots of areas to shoot. You will probably find someplace you feel comfy shooting.

I cant wait to try out the new rimfire bay.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville

Yes it’s worth it. Most people hang out at the rifle bay(usually about 10-20 people, most chatting, usually 3-4 shooting) but there’s usually only 1-2 people at the pistol bays (which is tons of fun with all the reactive steel targets they have) and 1 at the 22lr bay. People come and go. 10/10 would recommend. Great to meet people, shoot a bit, and see some cannons etc (if people bring them).

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Well shucks! I just moved to Clay county, just outside of Cory and am in Brazil weekly. I won't be able to attend because I will be on my way back from DePaul University in Chicago. It's time for my annual trip to present a scholarship in memory of my oldest daughter who had just started her junior year at DePaul.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well shucks! I just moved to Clay county, just outside of Cory and am in Brazil weekly. I won't be able to attend because I will be on my way back from DePaul University in Chicago. It's time for my annual trip to present a scholarship in memory of my oldest daughter who had just started her junior year at DePaul.
    Well that is absolutely a good reason to miss it. Maybe you can come to the fall shoot.

Top Bottom