• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So, where are we at with these guys? I have an upper in my cart and wondering if I should push the button and order it. It is on backorder with and estimated availability date of 12/07, "subject to change".

They say they won't charge my card until it ships.

Should I go for it?

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    They are nearly on the same level as optics planet in my eyes. I ordered some 223 from them back in may, was supposed to be delivered in July, and its been pushed back all the way to January, who knows if I'll ever actually get it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, where are we at with these guys? I have an upper in my cart and wondering if I should push the button and order it. It is on backorder with and estimated availability date of 12/07, "subject to change".

They say they won't charge my card until it ships.

Should I go for it?

No.

No support for companies that screw their customers. (accept orders for out of stock items then cancel the order so they can sell the replacement items at a higher cost to others, and then refusing to cancel club membership that hinged on that original purchase)

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Okay. I just happened on Aero's website when I was looking for the upper elsewhere and lo and behold, they had them in stock! So I jumped on it and bought it from Aero directly.

Kelvin995

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2020
    West Lafayette
    i ordered some wolf 9mm back to March for $130 / 1000rds, they said it will be shipped out on May, then pushed to July, and canceled with no reason on June with no notifacation. When I ask them about this, they said I have to tell them not to cancel my order...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Found another one to avoid. Outdoor Limited. Placed an order last Saturday night (11/21). After I hit submit, I realized it wouldnt arrive in time because they were showing a 7 day shipping delay. I immediately emailed then they replied the next morning "We will cancel this order for you. Please allow 5-7 business days for the funds to be deposited into your account." Cool.

Fast forward to yesterday, and I got another email. "Your order has been updated. Status is now cancelled."

Its great they let me cancel and all, but they waited over a week before actually cancelling the order and refunding my card. So the actual wait for my money is actually 14+ days. Oh well, I guess it beats a sharp stick in the eye.

Cant anyone just be honest anymore? /rant

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I recently returned some holsters to Vedder(customer satisfaction guarantee) and they said they would refund my money within 1-5 days. A couple days after I sent them back, they acknowledged receipt of shipment, and in one day, the credit showed up on my CC account.

So there are companies out there that will communicate well and be upfront and honest. And they will be the ones that survive and continue to grow.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    They are nearly on the same level as optics planet in my eyes. I ordered some 223 from them back in may, was supposed to be delivered in July, and its been pushed back all the way to January, who knows if I'll ever actually get it.

Within the last 3 months I cancelled 5 orders from Optics Planet. Their website says will ship in 4-6 weeks and then the email confirmation says 4 months! I believe they, like Sportsman Guide, are very shady.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe it just depends on what you order from Sportsman's Guide. I ordered some clothing items for DoggyMama for Christmas this year (she likes their sleepwear and outerwear) and I had it within a week of placing the order. I hate to hear that others have been having bad experiences with them though. :(

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    I've had my membership for about 4 years with little problems, but I do have a issue with their customer service. When I do contact them in reference to an issue, I have to deal with multiple people to get a resolution.

Top Bottom