• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I see this taking months. Fiocchi is a mess right now. The covid ammo run combined with the complete covid shutdown of Italy is going to lead to some serious backorders. If you're fine with waiting it should end up a good deal if they locked you into 18 cents a round.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Call me a cynic, but expect it to happen again. They just successfully resolved the BBB complaint resulting in a positive review.

They can still kick the can down the road and screw you again, but they'll still have this particular tick in the + column for their reputation. So even if they screw you a second time and lose, they still come out even with a +1 and -1. (pretty sure your next complaint will be considered a new case)

I'd find out if there is a way with the BBB to park the case until you actually get resolution. let them know another promise has been made, but not fulfilled and you have not been made whole. It is NOT resolved.

Or for safety's sake, call them back and get them to cancel the order AND refund your membership. At that point it is resolved, you have your $$ back, and can move on. That's the only guarantee you have of winning this one.

You may be correct, I guess time will tell.

I have not heard from my credit card company about reporting the membership fee as fraudulent.

I have not heard from the Indiana Attorney General office complaint.

Sportsman's Guide responded quickly to the BBB, so if absolutely necessary, I can use that again. But I hope I don't need to.

I can wait for the ammo. Based on my math, I think I have enough for my matches this year. But I wanted to get a decent chunk back in March as it was pretty easy to read the writing on the wall regarding another ammo run with the virus thing. If this eventually comes, I am still happy at the price I got it at .18 cents per round.

However, as I understand it, Italy is not Fiocchi's only production center. I thought they also made ammo here in 'Merica. Not sure if this applies to 9mm though.

From Wikipedia....for what that is worth.

"According to a recent interview with Carlo Fiocchi, the head of Fiocchi America, more than 75% of the ammunition sold by Fiocchi in the United States is also manufactured in the United States at Fiocchi America's production facility in Ozark, Missouri."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiocchi_Munizioni

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I had a membership with SG for two years, but eventually cancelled (various shenanigans), and will never do business with them again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I dealt with this bunch of jackasses several years ago, needed a backpack, found it “in stock” on their website, bought a membership because of the free shipping and other perks, paid my bill, and an hour or so later, I get an email saying my backpack won’t be shipped for at least 60 days. I call, get ahold of a moron who says “oh that pack isn’t even on the market yet, it’s a brand new design”. Nope, refund every penny, and do it now! I ended up buying the same exact pack on army/navy sales and having it in hand 3 days later. I think I may have even got free shipping. It took several weeks of calls and emails, and finally contesting the charges on my card to get my money back from those dicks! I would never consider doing business with them again.
    Don’t advertise **** that you don’t have as “in stock”. I buy a lot of stuff online, mainly Amazon, and a few specialty type places, and I have never had a situation like that happen with anyone else, and if something did get screwed up, a single call or email straightened things up.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Italy was completely shut down during this time period. Unrealistic to expect any order from that Country to be manufactured or shipped for months.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Italy was completely shut down during this time period. Unrealistic to expect any order from that Country to be manufactured or shipped for months.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

See post #22

However, as I understand it, Italy is not Fiocchi's only production center. I thought they also made ammo here in 'Merica. Not sure if this applies to 9mm though.

From Wikipedia....for what that is worth.

[FONT=&quot]"According to a recent interview with Carlo Fiocchi, the head of Fiocchi America, more than 75% of the ammunition sold by Fiocchi in the United States is also manufactured in the United States at Fiocchi America's production facility in Ozark, Missouri."

[/FONT]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiocchi_Munizioni

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well f@#$!

I just noticed this thread and it got me thinking about my order. I log into check my order from March for 3k rounds of Wolf 9mm and lo and behold, it was cancelled. I also got that same email about backorder and needing a response and I also responded.

Literally the exact same situation, down to buying a membership.

This really pisses me off. Looks I need to go the same route you did. I just tried calling them and there is a 76 minute wait to talk to anyone. What a :poop:show.

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I never really had good luck with them and some of the outdoors products were not quite the quality that I expected. Not bad, but not great. They are kind of a last ditch effort for my shopping $$.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    i quit them after they automatically renewed my membership. A charge showed up. I called them and canceled, never shopped with them again. Watch your account, they'll automatically renew without approval.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    i quit them after they automatically renewed my membership. A charge showed up. I called them and canceled, never shopped with them again. Watch your account, they'll automatically renew without approval.

It's the same with any membership subscription. You authorized it when you clicked agree on the initial buy in. Just like Netflix, prime etc...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's the same with any membership subscription. You authorized it when you clicked agree on the initial buy in. Just like Netflix, prime etc...

Yep, it's called "negative option". I worked for BMG Music Club/Columbia House for years. That was the whole club model. They bet on people not sending in their "postcard" declining the monthly selection every month, and then when they received their monthly selection (CD or movie) most people just kept them rather than going to the trouble of sending them back.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I got a bad taste after having them send me an email add two years ago on tree stands on sale including in the add in HUGE letters advertising "FREE S&H ON ALL ORDERS OVER $99" at that time there were no * to indicated selected items only or excluded items due to weight and tried to order some tree stands only to get hit with large S&H costs at checkout despite being a club member for 5-6 years. I understand not being able to give free S&H on heavy items but be up front about it don't give the impression it applies to all orders over $99 buy advertising so on your WS.

They may have changed their advertising since but i don't shop there anymore so i don't know.

I will admit I ordered a lot of stuff from SG over the years and was pretty satisfied but they have steadily gotten less attractive as a retailer at least to me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I ordered a Ruger 10/22 Charger from Sportsman's Guide last Friday and it was at my FFL ready for pickup on Wednesday. Standard pricing, no panic gouging. Nobody else had them in stock. I got both emails and texts at each step of my order, including when it shipped, when it was out for delivery and when it was delivered. Maybe they are a bit more on top of their game with firearms, but I couldn't be happier with them. I am not a Buyer's Club member.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would strongly suggest that people avoid Sportsman's Guide. I only tried them because of some recommendations of others. But based on my experience, they will not honor their purchases and are defrauding people with their "membership".

I purchased 3,000 rounds of Fiocchi 9AP ammo on March 28th. It was .18 cents a round, so a decent deal considering the circumstances at the time. It was backordered and had a shipping date of 4/15. Because of the cost of shipping, I also purchased the "membership" that gives free shipping on all ammo. The membership was less expensive than the normal shipping costs and also provided a discount on the ammo. If my purchase was honored, I would have been happy with my purchase.

At the beginning of April I received an email stating that my shipping date has moved to 5/30 and I needed to confirm the acceptance of the new shipping date or Sportsman's Guide would cancel my order. I completed the online process of accepting the new date. I had confirmation and my shipping date changed on my order to the new 5/30 date.

Yesterday I checked on my order and it was showing cancelled. I emailed them (since their call center is closed) about why my order was cancelled and how this effects my membership. I did not ask for the order to be cancelled and I received no notification of any type. Their 1st response said I did not respond to the delayed shipping email so they cancelled my order. Which is not true. They told me I would need to reorder if I wanted that ammo. I cannot reorder that ammo as "item not currently available for sale". So apparently they did not even check their own website. They refused to address my concerns regarding the membership.

I then sent a 2nd email and explained that I did complete the process for delayed shipping. I also said they if they are refusing to send my product then I want a full refund on the "membership fee" that I paid to get free shipping on the ammo. That was the only reason to get the membership.

I received a 2nd reply stating that once an order has been cancelled, there is nothing they can do. They gave me a $10 credit for my "inconvenience", but they refuse to address my questions about refunding my "membership fee".

Their actions make it seem to me that they decided they just don't want to fulfill my order and cancelled it. Apparently they don't care about fulfilling orders when they can charge for the "membership fee" and then refuse to refund that. That is pure profit. To me they are just as crooked as "Cheaper Than Dirt" and are defrauding their customers.

Because of their actions I have reported the membership fee they charged in March as a fraudulent transaction to my credit card company.

I have filed both a Better Business Bureau and Indiana State Attorney General complaint against them.

I was hoping to resolve this directly. But either they are not taking time to read my entire email...or they are refusing to address my concerns on purpose. Either way is bad and horribly negligent customer service.

Update to OP.

Original order placed March 28th 2020 as guaranteed backorder.

Order was cancelled without my permission on May 21st. I filed a complaint with both the BBB and the Indiana Attorney General and my order was reinstated.

I just got my shipping notice today with estimated delivery of Friday.

It seems this 7 month journey may be coming to an end.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I’m glad to hear your persistence paid off. I’ve got a back order floating around there too, it’s been pushed back three or four times.
    I honestly feel like they are waiting until after the election to ship or cancel my order if prices skyrocket.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I didn't read the entire thread, something that I suspect is that they are selling what comes in through Gunbroker or another outlet at much higher prices. Then plan to fulfill orders when it isn't retailing for more. I had a similar issue with Midway several years ago with an order of .22, haven't bought much from them since.

I paid for a membership several years ago, had relatively good success for a year or so then they fell off the rails. I typically thumbs down them on gundeals as a bad retailer now.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Well....once it shipped, it was delivered super fast. It was shipped yesterday and was just now dropped off. Opened boxes and confirmed I received what I ordered.

Finally this has come to an end.

Glad I hung in there though. Total price was .18 cents per round. It seems most 9mm is running .60 to .70 cents per round right now.

Top Bottom