Sportsman’s Warehouse Indianapolis Southside to open.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Link may or may not be paywalled... IBJ can block this stuff if you have gone there too much.

But it looks like it will be opening on October 28th at 8800 South US 31 (just north of Greenwood).

Anyone know anything about them?

Looks like another Gander Mountain type.. anyone been to one? It looks like there is only one of these in Fort Wayne.
    Few youtube videos.. and nothing notable or special. But I won't complain about having somewhere near to browse. And the prices are not Gander Mountain robbery...

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    They are just another Bass Pro front. I've had no issues with them in my limited dealings with them. I've stopped at a couple stores and ordered a scope from them online.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    South side native here:

We had Dunham’s... gone
    We had Galyan’s... gone.
    We had Gander Mountain... gone.

We have a Dick’s... and the north side got a REI, a Cabela’s, and a Duluth. I guess it’s a good thing us dirty hillbillies down south can finally wash the feet of the pinky-drinkers.

And to think, when my buddy and I wanted to open up a camping/hiking/backpacking store in the old Nature’s Pharm on US 31, we didn’t qualify for a business loan because we had “privilege.”

Que será, será.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I go to the SW here on the southside of Cincinnati in Kentucky every once in awhile. I have had positive experiences there, but was disappointed when I heard Bass Pro was buying them or had bought them. They bought Cabela's and it has gone down hill, and now they will have no competition from anyone local.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My only experience with Sporstmans Warehouse was the one that used to be in Lafayette and I would rate it above the old Gander Mountain. I found some pretty good deals at their going out of business sale.

Went to Ft Wayne store. It was OK. Kinda small

What we need is a Scheels.
    I used to make a habit of stopping in the Scheels in Lincoln, Nebraska when I went out to visit my wife while she was on internship out there. They, or at least that particular one, had a great selection of rifles and shotguns with decent prices and great sales. I would both love and hate to have a Scheels nearby.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I can't figure that address out.

Google maps puts it right at the intersection of 31 and Southport road.

So either they'll go into that dead/dying strip center on the SE corner (Which is way too small, would require a crap ton of work to rehab into the need, AND the parking lot is too small) Or the address is wrong.

And if you change it to 8800 N US 31 in greenwood, it puts it at a big food pantry & church property just south of where Nailer's Brewing is in FAR south Greenwood. Basically New Whiteland.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't figure that address out.

Google maps puts it right at the intersection of 31 and Southport road.

So either they'll go into that dead/dying strip center on the SE corner (Which is way too small, would require a crap ton of work to rehab into the need, AND the parking lot is too small) Or the address is wrong.

And if you change it to 8800 N US 31 in greenwood, it puts it at a big food pantry & church property just south of where Nailer's Brewing is in FAR south Greenwood. Basically New Whiteland.
    Southport Rd. is 7000 south. 8800 would put it down south of Stop 11, almost to County Line.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I liked them a lot better before GAD/Bass Pro/Cabela's took them over. Will probably still give them a visit or two, but am not holding my breath.

Still hoping the Indy area gets an Academy at some point.
    Yeah. Indiana needs something outside the monolith.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    They seem to have some good in store pick up only prices on firearms from time to time.
    So far they have never been so good that I would drive from the South side of Indy to buy. But If one is on the South side I will definitely check them out.

Top Bottom