• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Well my shoulder now does not like me after a flat in two days (I don't even normally shoot rifles much less shotguns :abused: ) , but after a decent amount of research it appears the Inventor DS chokes are loose french sluts (my micrometer confirmed, and they are made in France apparently). Went to a modified and improved modified which correlates to IC and Modified in the Browning world apparently...

Results were quite pleasing , it has taken some getting used to "pointing" the gun and shooting as opposed to aiming say a pistol or scoped rifle. But by my standards so far I was just smashing clays they were really exploding for me for the first time. Only shot the first half of IGC because it was getting kinda painful but really pleased with myself. A set of Briley Spectrums will be ordered to help settle my OCD now .

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Kokomo , it's a really nice and challenging course in my very noob opinion.

Went there today and shot 3 rounds of 5 stand.
    Never tried that before.
    12 of 25
    18 of 25
    18 of 25
    That was my score for 3 rounds. Feel okay about that considering how chilly it was this morning.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I grew up about a quarter mile from the Ike's.
    The gentleman that used to run the place had a very nice shotgun set up made by Krieghoff. Barrel set for each gauge, all weighed exactly the same.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I grew up about a quarter mile from the Ike's.
    The gentleman that used to run the place had a very nice shotgun set up made by Krieghoff. Barrel set for each gauge, all weighed exactly the same.

Krieghoff's are nice :bowdown:, really enjoyed the K80 I was able to handle. I have already informed the wife as I am not "into" cars something like that will probably by my midlife crisis purchase ! :rockwoot:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Krieghoff's are nice :bowdown:, really enjoyed the K80 I was able to handle. I have already informed the wife as I am not "into" cars something like that will probably by my midlife crisis purchase ! :rockwoot:
    I was at IGC back in November with my wife and was looking at a couple different guns. The two I was really digging were a Kolar and a Perazzi. My wife was really adamant of not now. I respect her position considering how much money will likely be spent on race car stuff this winter. But, she knows it's a matter of time and I will be bringing one home with me.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was at IGC back in November with my wife and was looking at a couple different guns. The two I was really digging were a Kolar and a Perazzi. My wife was really adamant of not now. I respect her position considering how much money will likely be spent on race car stuff this winter. But, she knows it's a matter of time and I will be bringing one home with me.
    Thunderchicken we should meet up at IGC and shoot a round and talk about racing. I live about 5 minutes from there. I work days, but do get off work at 3pm.

Rvansickle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2015
    Greencastle
    So I fell down the sporting clays rabbit hole recently and found out I quite enjoy the sport. Was fortunate enough to be able to try out a couple of nice Semi-Auto and O/U shotguns and definitely settled on a O/U for sporting clays, cannot say I have ever been a fan of any semi auto shotgun for various reasons.

Currently between the Browning 725 Sporting and Beretta 694 , I know used is generally the way to go with shotguns as you can save a lot of money potentially. Wondering if there are any other guns INGO would recommend. I need to go to the IGC and see what these would end up costing me to get out the door.

I know the general advice is to "get a B gun" thus the Beretta and Browning , I looked at the Fabarms shotguns as they are made by Caesar Guerini but their reviews online seem to be mixed generally. If it helps I generally gravitate towards the more plain looking guns, not a fan of engraving and whatnot.
    I picked up a CZ drake for my occasional sporting clay outings. Solid platform that didnt cost a fortune.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I picked up a CZ drake for my occasional sporting clay outings. Solid platform that didnt cost a fortune.

Here is the thread for you , looking for long term "B-Gun" reliability with high round counts. Ended up with a 725 it's epic

7gCcjDr.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thunderchicken we should meet up at IGC and shoot a round and talk about racing. I live about 5 minutes from there. I work days, but do get off work at 3pm.
    I would be game for that. But we gotta get through the holidays and frankly temps have to come back up just a bit. I'm only about a 20-25 minute drive from IGC

Top Bottom