• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I tried searching and wasn’t coming up with what I was looking for maybe I did it wrong. I am going on vacation to SC and have plenty of time before the vacation. Is there anyway for me to legally carry in South Carolina ? Would love to get a permit they honor or something along those lines. But I am not having any luck searching thanks for any assistance Indiana is the best.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    They don't recognize the Indiana LTCH and don't accept any "non-resident" permits (FL, UT, etc...)

If you are a legal KY or Ohio resident then you'll be fine.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Indiana resident? No. You're fine up until you get to SC. At that point, separate mag and gun, put the gun in the trunk if you have one. You can buy auto knives and marijuana at every shop, but not carry.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    SC is a sticky one. My fiancee’s family lives in Martinez, GA and I regularly forget that I’ve crossed into SC when visiting. They’ve ‘let me go’ once...but I try to be more careful now because I might not be so lucky next time.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well that is unfortunate had I planned this vacation I would have looked up the laws first but this wasn’t my state of choice.

so anyone have a resource for knife / or non lethal pepper spray etc laws.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    The last time I was in Myrtle Beach, they were having one of their bike weeks. It took hours to get anywhere and this one was a particularly violent bike week. I would not have scheduled my vacation for that week had I only known.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I tried searching and wasn’t coming up with what I was looking for maybe I did it wrong. I am going on vacation to SC and have plenty of time before the vacation. Is there anyway for me to legally carry in South Carolina ? Would love to get a permit they honor or something along those lines. But I am not having any luck searching thanks for any assistance Indiana is the best.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

PLM2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ashley, DeKalb County
    Before I went to Myrtle Beach I called the South Carolina State Police and they told me that I did not have to separate the mag from the gun and I could keep it loaded and in the glove box. They even told me I could take it into my hotel room as long as I put it in my luggage to get it there. I just couldn't carry it on my body.

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    Before I went to Myrtle Beach I called the South Carolina State Police and they told me that I did not have to separate the mag from the gun and I could keep it loaded and in the glove box. They even told me I could take it into my hotel room as long as I put it in my luggage to get it there. I just couldn't carry it on my body.

This is the closest to the truth. You can also have it in your center console, as long as it has a closing lid.
    SC (and NC, for that matter) is also a "duty to inform" state, so if you are in possession, you must tell the officer you're carrying, first off, no question.
    Still can't buy weed anywhere, legally.

Edit to add a strange caveat - If you're actively hunting or fishing with a SC hunting/fishing license - or travelling to or from hunting or fishing - you can open or conceal carry without a CWP.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom