Something followed me home on Tuesday....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Winds will likely be light in the morning... good day for a test.

If all goes well and all holds up, I hope you guys get a chance to get that boat skimming right on the edge.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Certainly would help prevent this type of situation...

BkVJL4mCEAAvSKv.jpg
    I figured running Chicago would keep her busy.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Winds will likely be light in the morning... good day for a test.

If all goes well and all holds up, I hope you guys get a chance to get that boat skimming right on the edge.
    Eagle Creek is a great place to sail. Being long and narrow the wind shifts happen quickly especially with the western shore being tree lined and you pass by the two main coves. If one of those gust hit you just remember dump the main sail and its just like putting on the brakes and she will go head to wind. Have fun, keep your PFD on and enjoy.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    View attachment 141051

Didn't have much wind today so for a bit I relaxed.

View attachment 141052

Had a lot of fun. Relearned a lot about sailing. Just wish we had more wind.

But all in all a good day to re learn the ropes.

Dad had a blast too. I let him take the helm for the ride back to shore.
    Looks like you learned what to do when the wind lays, ghosting along is a very relaxing way to spend an afternoon. Great way to make memories with your Dad. Don't forget to duck when you jibe!

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Same here, haven't been fishing since I moved from the Keys. Just couldn't understand taking the bait home and cooking it at the end of the day!:):
    EXACTLY! Once a person has had a good taste of salt water fishing it is very difficult to get excited about a lake. There is literally no telling what can end up on your hook in salt water. A lake...well if you over achieve that means you got a 3lb bass instead of a crappy.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    EXACTLY! Once a person has had a good taste of salt water fishing it is very difficult to get excited about a lake. There is literally no telling what can end up on your hook in salt water. A lake...well if you over achieve that means you got a 3lb bass instead of a crappy.
    Eh, not the same things IMO. I've fished a good bit in salt water (born and raised in FL) but I love bass fishing.

Now I prefer to eat real seafood vs anything fresh water based, with the exception of a really good fried catfish. I'm all catch and release on bass fishing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's the way I used to feel about fishing in Indiana after fishing up in Canada. A 2' Northern Pike up there is treated like catching a 4" bluegill down here. :): I remember fishing for walleye once and had a small one (maybe 1' long) on the line and saw a HUGE Northern come up and suck it into its mouth right as I got it up close to the boat. Unfortunately he just released it and sank back down into the depths, but man what an adrenaline rush for a 15 or 16 year old me back then!

Top Bottom